Which of these 1911 pistols do you prefer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Are you a vet? I know springfield had vet pricing. so check that out with either - if a vet never hurts to ask, anywhere.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    i was choosing between the mc operator (new) and a blackened steel "loaded target model" that was used from 2012. similarly equipped but a few differences.

combat sights vs target sights, g-10 grips vs pachmyar wrap around etc...

the new gun was roughly 170 bucks more but I liked the equipment a bit better so that's what I went with. It will be my 1st 1911/ from the school of JMB :)

ill probably change out the pachmyar grip to g-10 grips as its a bit large, maybe add a flared mag well but that's it.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    i was choosing between the mc operator (new) and a blackened steel "loaded target model" that was used from 2012. similarly equipped but a few differences.

combat sights vs target sights, g-10 grips vs pachmyar wrap around etc...

the new gun was roughly 170 bucks more but I liked the equipment a bit better so that's what I went with. It will be my 1st 1911/ from the school of JMB :)

ill probably change out the pachmyar grip to g-10 grips as its a bit large, maybe add a flared mag well but that's it.

And it's a pretty green!

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Holy crap! I fondled a Ruger CMD lightweight today. I can see me lightening up the stable a bit to make room for this piece of delicious self defense tool. Thinking this for my edc retirement piece :)

I am getting ready to put my Ruger SR1911 CMD up for sale this week, with 4 mags.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Go USA

Springfield. Colt is gonna go bankrupt and there's no reason to save them. So for warranty only Springfield. Plus it has better guts than the Colt. Notice the product description that says match grade barrel?

WOW REALLY? No reason to save them, c'mon bro, how about supporting MADE IN THE USA...as SA frames and such are made in the overseas. Have some Patriotism here...they DO deserve it. :party29:

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    WOW REALLY? No reason to save them, c'mon bro, how about supporting MADE IN THE USA...as SA frames and such are made in the overseas. Have some Patriotism here...they DO deserve it. :party29:

that's not entirely true. some were made in brazil etc... a lot of them are made in the USA

Colt has some things that aren't made in the USA as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom