• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    The one with the ALG QMS trigger. You won't find a better trigger in a parts kit for under $150 let alone $100. The QMS trigger on its own cost $45 and it's worth every penny. One of my rifles has a QMS and anytime someone shoots it, they always ask me what kind of trigger it is. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't feel as good as a Geissele but its also a fraction of the price. The QMS is a noticeable upgrade from the triggers that are included in your average parts kit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    I agree with above. I have a Geissele for my "long range" but the short gun is the QMS and it's AWESOME.

bro

Feb 20, 2013
    I went with a Psa lower without FCG. It also cane with a Magpul grip and trigger guard. It was 55 if I recall. This gave me freedom to order an ALG ACT trigger. This combo gave me everything I wanted for the lowest price.

If you just want a stock lower, go with whatever is cheaper, CMMG, Spikes, or RRA.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I went with a DPMS LPK. Not amazing, but not bad either.
    If I'd known, I'd have probably done what these guys are saying...since I'm going to want to have a better trigger guard and grip, and I had to work on my trigger

yep...for a few dollars more...Palmetto State Armory MOE QMS LPK $98-

mrfreeze

Shooter
    Oct 17, 2010
    Crofton
    The one with the ALG QMS trigger. You won't find a better trigger in a parts kit for under $150 let alone $100. The QMS trigger on its own cost $45 and it's worth every penny. One of my rifles has a QMS and anytime someone shoots it, they always ask me what kind of trigger it is. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't feel as good as a Geissele but its also a fraction of the price. The QMS is a noticeable upgrade from the triggers that are included in your average parts kit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Just bought 2 LPKs that are still on sale for $147 shipped with the ALG QMS trigger

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Good price but what's the quality?

Its made by Damage Industries in Indiana and its guaranteed for life so I figured why not. All the plungers are also nickle Teflon coated. It will be interesting to see if I can feel the difference in the safety.

Damage is well know for their springs so I figured I would give them a try.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I just finished putting the Damage Industries lower parts kit in a PSA lower and everything went in flawlessly. The trigger actually isnt all that bad but I am still going to grab a ACT. All the take down pin detents are super positive and the saftey is snappy but a bit stiff (I really think I just need to actuate it a bunch more times). I didnt use the A2 grip that came with it but I fit it on and it went on not to tight and not to loose. For the grip I ended up using a BCM mod 0 I had lying around but I want to pick up an Umbrella Corp grip in the future. I also used the buffer end plate that I took off my s&w m&p15 as a place holder until my I Kick Hippies SLAP comes in. Bolt catch fit great and has very little wobble (just enough in my opinion). I really like the trigger guard. Its larger than a stock guard but maintains the quick swing down feature of the original. I also used a Damage Industries buffer tube and it fits and looks great. The threads on it are perfect!

I give the Damage Industries Lower Parts Kit a big thumbs up!

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I will keep them in mind...

Is there anywhere local to Baltimore County where I can at a reasonable price purchase an LPK?

Freestate has a bunch of CMMG kits for $70. I can't really comment on them since I never used them. I've heard decent things though.

Personally, I wouldn't buy one when I can order a kit from PSA that includes an ALG trigger for the same price.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Freestate has a bunch of CMMG kits for $70. I can't really comment on them since I never used them. I've heard decent things though.

Personally, I wouldn't buy one when I can order a kit from PSA that includes an ALG trigger for the same price.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...s-kits/palmetto-state-armory-classic-lpk.html

What about this one? I assume they ship to MD without issue?

Also concerned about the "build prior to Oct. 1" part of the new law. I'd rather pay cash... Anything to worry about there?

covertpanda

Penguin Hunter
    Sep 10, 2013
    Carroll
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...s-kits/palmetto-state-armory-classic-lpk.html

What about this one? I assume they ship to MD without issue?

Also concerned about the "build prior to Oct. 1" part of the new law. I'd rather pay cash... Anything to worry about there?
    The lower is the firearm (presently); so as long as it was 100% pre-10/1 you're GTG. The CMMG kits are fine (although $70 sounds a bit high). The PSA kits are a great deal, they also offer a LPK without a trigger group (if you plan on using an aftermarket unit), I picked up a few for $24 on sale.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I'm planning on picking up the QMS LPK today, but was wondering if anyone has tried the HIPERTOUCH 24 kit? Worth the extra money for a lighter trigger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom