• Shell Casing scam

Votes: 62 42.5%
    • Other (please describe in post)

Votes: 37 25.3%

• Total voters

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    What do you think? What is this state's dumbest gun law?

1. 1 regulated per 30 days?
    2. 20 round mag limit?
    3. Shell Casing scam
    4. Other (please describe)

Thoughts?

I think it's the 1 in 30 rule....

tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    I voted other......i think all the ones you listed are assinine and I agree with sbarber, if i already own a firearm, they why do I have to wait 7 days after filling out the paper work to get another, to see if I do something in those 7 days...like turning from Homely Harry to Apocalptic Albert...:sad20:

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Other: section 4-203 which says I can't carry on my person or transport in a vehicle a handgun unless I'm going somewhere to shoot it or to or from the store, etc. :tdown:

this is the worst one because i feel it places us in the greatest danger

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    By far the most asinine law is described in the Snowden case:

"The statute makes clear that it is the Board not the applicant, that decides whether there is "apprehended danger" to the applicant. If the Act were read as Mr. Snowden would have the court read it, there would be no necessity for a review by the Board. Each person could decide for himself or herself that he or she was in danger. The State Police would become a "rubber stamp" agency for the purpose of handing out handgun permits. The carefully considered legislation would be rendered absolutely meaningless insofar as the control of handguns is concerned."

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    yea it's a tough call. I personally never could understand the 30 rnd mag rule. At least a 7 day wait I can at least see their arguement (cooling down period, whatever) but what the hell difference could there be between a 20 rnd mag and a 30rnd one? Especially since I can drive 30 minutes up to PA and buy as many 30s as I like.

Completely assinine. (Not to stir up our resident liberal but these sort of nonsensical laws are created by retards - that is to say, by people who are incapable thinking logically, maturely and rationally about things.)

Actually now that I think about it - I think calling liberals retarded is just insulting to retarded people. I need to come up with something specifically for them.

Hmm.....

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Remember, the 7 day wait is not, and was never touted as, a "cooling off period." It was to allow time for the forms to be mailed back and forth, before the days of fax machines, instant background checks, etc.

As for the three laws listed, I'm going with the shell casing. The 7 day wait originally served a purpose, so I'll allow it to slide, relatively speaking. Both the 20 round mag and shell casing laws are useless, but at least the 20 round mag law doesn't cost us money.

In the "other" category, I'll go with the fact that I cannot carry in Maryland.

extski

Aug 6, 2009
    Pasadena
    Here's the top three in my opinion, and am just going to quote from previous posts

Other: section 4-203 which says I can't carry on my person or transport in a vehicle a handgun unless I'm going somewhere to shoot it or to or from the store, etc. :tdown:

IMO its the 7 day wait.If you already own a gun what's the point in having a "cooling off period"

...what the hell difference could there be between a 20 rnd mag and a 30rnd one? Especially since I can drive 30 minutes up to PA and buy as many 30s as I like.

andyman

Former Senior Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    pg county
    In my opinion it's the CCW scam. By allowing a very few permits they get around the grief of an outright ban, but have the same effect through regulation. It's a cowards law. People who are not aware of the implementation of the law have no idea there is even a problem.:mad54:

andy

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    They're all stupid. All of them are equally stupid. There is not one of those laws that makes the other look dumber. It just proves how we the people need to get on these politicians. Sadly, stupid is as stupid does and the state keeps electing the OOOEWWWMAWWEYS, Trolls, Porkin, Froshnuts etc.

Now, if we could only take over the water treatment plants and remove the koolaid...

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan

this is the worst one because i feel it places us in the greatest danger

I agree with hole punch!

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    CCW scam is the worst law on the books... but a close runner up is the fact that you can shoot anything you want in your basement, but heaven forbid you shoot anywhere else in MoCo with a FMJ bullet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom