Which AR do you recommend that is MD compliant?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    For md, sba3 and whatever upper you want or 300 blk and whatever upper you want.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I’d go with an IWI and 10k rounds of 556 in order to get the proper break in.

Rocinante

Jul 19, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Looking for my first AR. I'd like something that is easy to maintain, clean, and shoot. Reliability is a priority as well.

The purpose will probably start off as a defense gun for you know...the zombie apocalypse. But eventually, I want to take it to the range regularly and add customizations to it.

I see a bunch of PSA complete uppers and lowers that are a good price, but I don't know if they are any good.

I'd like something preferably sub $1000 to start. I want it under 7lbs and able to shoot 556/223.

Does anyone here have advice for someone getting into AR's? Which model and which MD store to buy them?

Del-Ton Sierra 316H, best bang for your buck for sub-$1,000. Atlantic still has some in stock.
    Just want an AR? Get a Bear Creek HBAR for $500 and progressively upgrade it.

If you're just jumping in to AR15s and have plenty of time, binge watch School of the American Rifle on Youtube- the best clandestine resource out there. The Vietnam-era M16 training guides are also quite helpful and are available on youtube as well.

Sirex