• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    This is all you have to know about Larry Hogan's stance on G&S... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg17eqc0wu0

His first sentence says it all...."neither one of us is going to roll back any gun laws".

Which somehow became code in the minds of many that self defense would be accepted as G&S day 1....which was 8 months ago.

Despite what a good number here believe, he has never publicly said (at least that I can find) he would be opposed to additional laws...

He may be pro 2a.......I question if he is pro gun or pro carry......

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    His first sentence says it all...."neither one of us is going to roll back any gun laws".

Which somehow became code in the minds of many that self defense would be accepted as G&S day 1....which was 8 months ago.

Despite what a good number here believe, he has never publicly said (at least that I can find) he would be opposed to additional laws...

But he did say it privately to leaders at MSI. So either MSI is lying to us or a politician is lying.

He has publicly refused to define his stance on 2A . Until he does, this video is it...He's anti gun...saying you are pro 2A but not pro concealed carry is not possible...like saying you're pro 2A but being registered as and voting for democrats....you can't be....saying you are just doesn't make it so....

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    But he did say it privately to leaders at MSI. So either MSI is lying to us or a politician is lying.

To pretty much every politician, if it was never publicly said, it never happened.

He has publicly refused to define his stance on 2A . Until he does, this video is it...He's anti gun...saying you are pro 2A but not pro concealed carry is not possible...like saying you're pro 2A but being registered as and voting for democrats....you can't be....saying you are just doesn't make it so....

Whether right or wrong, there are many, many folks that consider themselves pro 2a but not pro carry outside the home....I am married to one of them.

That's what makes this challenging. Many candidates get asked the wrong questions. They are routinely asked if they are pro 2a when they should be asked if they are pro carry outside the home or there views on guns in general.

To pretty much every politician, if it was never publicly said, it never happened.

Whether right or wrong, there are many, many folks that consider themselves pro 2a but not pro carry outside the home....I am married to one of them.

That's what makes this challenging. Many candidates get asked the wrong questions. They are routinely asked if they are pro 2a when they should be asked if they are pro carry outside the home or there views on guns in general.

The 2nd amendment says nothing about only having guns in your home...it DOES however say "shall not be infringed". You can't be pro 2A but change the definition to fit your opinion. If you're not pro 2A the way it is written then you're not pro 2A....That's the trap liberals use to push their anti gun agenda....

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    The 2nd amendment says nothing about only having guns in your home...it DOES however say "shall not be infringed". You can't be pro 2A but change the definition to fit your opinion. If you're not pro 2A the way it is written then you're not pro 2A....That's the trap liberals use to push their anti gun agenda....

I don't disagree with you....but for many, in their own minds there is a difference.

That is why the trap works.....you just can't assume because someone says they consider themselves pro 2a that they also consider themselves pro carry and pro gun.

I don't disagree with you....but for many, in their own minds there is a difference.

That is why the trap works.....you just can't assume because someone says they consider themselves pro 2a that they also consider themselves pro carry and pro gun.

Yep, and many, in their own minds can justify being registered democrats and be pro 2A....it's not possible...you vote for candidates that don't believe you have your right to defend yourself and your family...Nothing is more important....no need to question their stance on any other issue..and yet some, including so called leaders right here think they can be both pro 2A and democrat....maybe 20 or 30 years ago that was possible, but not any longer...

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I remain optimistic, but don't get too excited about anything. Carry is not a very sexy political topic - especially in MD. I put more weight in "hopefully" one of these national lawsuits finally changing something.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Sort of like comments that 'big changes' are happening at MSP and the Licensing Division but 'I can't talk about it' so on and so forth.

I have a suggestion: if you can't talk about it, don't hint at it. If nothing happens, you look like a liar at worst and jumping the gun at best.

We have very few facts outside of Hogan's public statements and actions. They don't look good for liberalization of carry in Maryland. The aforementioned facts do not preclude Gov. Hogan from doing something different in the future.

I am not discouraging anyone from trying to effect change. The innuendo and whispers about something coming down the pike have done more harm than people realize. The carrot on a stick routine is pretty tiring.

Wow, a clearly edited video of the Governor in response to a question, posted on youtube by Montgomery County Media...

No recording of the question asked and the clip starts somewhere into the response.

the only part of the answer that mattered was the "neither one of us is going to roll back any gun laws"....that coupled with other sound bites and his absolute refusal to state his position tell me he is either a political coward or anti gun. Maybe both

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    the only part of the answer that mattered was the "neither one of us is going to roll back any gun laws"....that coupled with other sound bites and his absolute refusal to state his position tell me he is either a political coward or anti gun. Maybe both

You opinion, and we all know what those are like...mine included.

PgRefugee

Jan 23, 2015
    A tactical retreat

I would advise anyone who can leave this cess pit do so. This whole state is cyanide for the soul, this is not the Maryland of old and it never will be again. Even in the old days you couldn't carry. Resign yourself to carrying a "folding pen knife" or pepper spray or a taser and admit defeat. VA is only across the water. Let this place turn into Baltimore or be absorbed by DC. It's only going to get worse. Just my opinion of course......I leave Wednesday. Also, no, I can't afford it and it is a pay cut. Freedom is much more valuable.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I would advise anyone who can leave this cess pit do so. This whole state is cyanide for the soul, this is not the Maryland of old and it never will be again. Even in the old days you couldn't carry. Resign yourself to carrying a "folding pen knife" or pepper spray or a taser and admit defeat. VA is only across the water. Let this place turn into Baltimore or be absorbed by DC. It's only going to get worse. Just my opinion of course......I leave Wednesday. Also, no, I can't afford it and it is a pay cut. Freedom is much more valuable.

Don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.

PgRefugee

Jan 23, 2015
    The numbers of flaming anti gun democrats are simply too much. MSI, GOA, and NRA will never change that. God bless them for trying though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom