Where do you guys get your AR-15 attachments?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walker

Nov 16, 2012
    Somerset County
    Guys there are dozens of companies that offer attachments for this rifle but i would like some suggestions as to were you get yours. I tried searching for this but mainly come up with build parts. I have bought a Bushmaster Carbon 15 and from what i've read on here they are commercial and not Mil Spec? Does anyone own one of these know for sure? I want to order the usual items (optics,buttstock,etc) any help you can give me would be great. If there is a previous thread on this issue could you point me in the right direction? Thanks again guys.

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    SO far I have ordered from Palmetto State Armory, Fulton Arms, JoeBobOutfitters and Amazon for parts. The big stuff, I want to hit my local FFLs (Engage and 2A) to see what they have (optics and better rails, etc). I want to talk to someone who knows the quality before I purchase the really expensive bits, personally.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Midway, palmetto, etc. Primary Arms usually has good prices on magpul stuff.

rnish

May 24, 2012
    I've used a lot of the above sites plus Western Sport Online, LaRue, G&R Tactical, Wilson Combat. I think you will find in the current buying panic all have long wait times and low stock.

As far as commercial vs Mil Spec it depends on the individual item. "Commercial" usually only refers to buffer tubes and associated stocks. Its largely a size issue.

Mil Spec vs Non MilSpec depends on the individual item as to why it is or is not Mil Spec. Mil Spec gives you higher confidence in the inter-changability of the item. Mil Spec also has some implied quality associated with it. Sorry its not a cut and dry issue. It depends.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Bollinger's. They can get Magpul stuff, and Roberts keeps a fair bit of other stuff (safeties, slings, rails, etc) in stock. I do my transfers there, and do my accessorizing at the same time. Sure I can get it cheaper online, but I like having the stuff I don't have tools for installed. Its worth it, to me anyway.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    before you go melting the credit card, I would recommend taking it to the range, and figuring out yourself what you need as opposed to just decorating it to "keep up with the Jones". Once you figure out what you want, I've had good luck ordering from G&R, BCM, Operation Parts, MSTN, Midway, and Brownells

Walker

Nov 16, 2012
    Somerset County
    before you go melting the credit card, I would recommend taking it to the range, and figuring out yourself what you need as opposed to just decorating it to "keep up with the Jones". Once you figure out what you want, I've had good luck ordering from G&R, BCM, Operation Parts, MSTN, Midway, and Brownells

Yea i wanted to order the buttstock now because i was told on here the buttstock that comes with the Carbon 15 is pretty rough on the check lol thanks for the advice though.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Not to mention the forestock is round, and not a quad rail.
    So your tactiCool options are limited, thank God.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    A warning: optics are not optics, buttstocks are not buttstocks, and rails are not rails. NcStar just looks like aimpoint or Trigicon, Tapco just looks like Magpul and UTG just looks like KAC, but there is a real difference. Buy once, it saves the planet!

Walker

Nov 16, 2012
    Somerset County
    A warning: optics are not optics, buttstocks are not buttstocks, and rails are not rails. NcStar just looks like aimpoint or Trigicon, Tapco just looks like Magpul and UTG just looks like KAC, but there is a real difference. Buy once, it saves the planet!

Okay. Care to give me a recommendation what you think a quality buttstock would be? I'm looking at Magpul and i know there are cheaply made aftermarket parts and there are quality ones. As far as the optics i can wait until i have in my hand to order that or check out the local shops. So how about some advice? And a price range.

Sbuzz750

Jan 24, 2013
    interested in knowing some good stuff as well. I too just purchased a carbon15 so im in the same boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom