• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THEKOONTZ

Mar 2, 2012
    Pasadena/Glen Burnie
    Hello all, I have been reading all sort of threads and maybe it's personal preference but I wanted to ask.

When are fellow MDShooters that are just now getting ready to apply going to send in their apps? I have seen on many different post, some say they are doing it aug 7th, aug 8th, aug 12th, aug 13th, aug 14th and so on and so forth. Is this just ones personal preference or is one of these days or a certain day the best day to send in the app? I was thinking doing all the pics, prints and all other things needed to be done on the 6th and send it off to MSP so they could have it by the 7th. Is this a bad call??? Many thanks in advance

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    MD is likely to ask CA4 for an emergency stay but it is believed that not only are they unlikely to issue a stay but that a potential ruling isn't likely to come before the temporary stay is dissolved on August 7.

We want to pound MSP with permit applications on/after August 7 and continue doing so if/until CA4 decides to stay the ruling. This potential window of time will be of an unknown length. It might be a couple of days, a couple of weeks, maybe a month. It could be that MD never asks for a stay and we have a period of several months until CA4 issues a ruling on the appeal itself.

Plainly said: be prepared to submit your completed application to MSP as close to August 7 as possible, but not before that time. Do not delay.

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    MD is likely to ask CA4 for an emergency stay but it is believed that not only are they unlikely to issue a stay but that a potential ruling isn't likely to come before the temporary stay is dissolved on August 7.

We want to pound MSP with permit applications on/after August 7 and continue doing so if/until CA4 decides to stay the ruling. This potential window of time will be of an unknown length. It might be a couple of days, a couple of weeks, maybe a month. It could be that MD never asks for a stay and we have a period of several months until CA4 issues a ruling on the appeal itself.

Plainly said: be prepared to submit your completed application to MSP as close to August 7 as possible, but not before that time. Do not delay.

What ruling are we waiting on? Thought we were just waiting to see if maryland asks for an emergency stay

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What Boondock said.

This is STILL about more than just you personally getting a Permit, this is still an important tool in the fight to regain our rights , both regarding the CA4 Appeal , and our bargining position in Annapolis.

As always , if you are truely strapped for $ , keep the roof over your head , and and food on the table. But if you are going to be applying in the forseeable future , shortly after the lifting of the Stay will give maxium impact.

Nothing is gaurenteed , but the informed opinions are that if the AG hasn't (done whatever) by before 8/7 ! The odds are greatly reduced after that.

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    Okay so say we get the chance to apply aug7th. How long does the ruling last, indefinitely? Can MD overthrow the ccw ruling and we would be right where we are now again, no ccw w.o G&S? And say if we apply aug7th and are given a permit, do we keep our permit if they ban them again?

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    Do we keep out permits if they ban them again?

No. You have 10 days to return it to the msp. It is msp property not yours. Same as your drivers license.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    FWIW, I would prepare your application as soon as you have the time.

I would complete the livescan fingerprinting no earlier than 30 days (best less than 3 days) before submitting the app.

I would mail the app today, if possible, to avoid the herd. Be aware, there is always the possibility that you may be denied, or your app held (again) - and you could forfeit your $75 app fee and your $52.50 livescan fee.

The more who apply, the greater our voice and the more the state will likely be sensitive to our issues.

Even more so if 10's of thousands apply.

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    I think I wait until august to submit it. Do they give me the live scan file finger prints or are they sent to themmsp? I don't want to be out 125 bucks, I don't have any reason to be denied nor would I have any issues with the app. I'll fill the app out now though.

Mrlogs

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 20, 2012
    Brooklyn Park
    It costs $76 at LiveScan (Glen Burnie)..The fingerprints get sent to whoever get's them (digitally) & you get 2 photos, the 2 pages in your app notarized, & a certificate to mail in..I think I did something stupid by going to LiveScan yesterday..as I was told by folks here the permit app has to be in the mail within 72 hrs..so if I mail it in now, & the MSP are currently still going by the G&S rules..I'd be denied..so

When you go to LiveScan, register/pay online before you go, & then when you go they have your papers, etc, ready to go...

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

I would complete the livescan fingerprinting no earlier than 30 days (best less than 3 days) before submitting the app.

I would mail the app today, if possible, to avoid the herd. Be aware, there is always the possibility that you may be denied, or your app held (again) - and you could forfeit your $75 app fee and your $52.50 livescan fee.

The more who apply, the greater our voice and the more the state will likely be sensitive to our issues.

MSP must recieve the postmarked prints/app within 72 hours of the livescan. Not sure where the 30 days comes from, should be 3 days max.

sourbeer

Jul 26, 2012
    montana
    i submitted early

I went to livescan to get my prints for UT and AZ permits. At the same time, decided to submit for MD since I was incurring the cost anyhow. I sent in my application yesterday, with the same instructions as earlier under the G&S answer. .... and all lawful purposes.

Will my permit be denied or returned? I could not wait til Aug 8 as my livescan was already done and submitted and I had 72 hours to send in.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

I would mail the app today
    , if possible, to avoid the herd. Be aware, there is always the possibility that you may be denied, or your app held (again) - and you could forfeit your $75 app fee and your $52.50 livescan fee.

From the MSI update:

MSP will accept non-G&S permits today. HOWEVER, if you apply in the next 13 days, you are taking some chance that you will lose your money if the 4th Circuit issues a stay. MSP is not going to hold or send back checks this time. That was a one-time deal. They are going to cash every single check the day it shows up. If you send a check today and the 4th issues a stay next week, your check is gone and your permit is denied. MSP/MSI advice is, "wait unless you don't mind losing the money.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I'm just about finished filling in my application and will probably mail it on the 7th or 8th. Does anyone know where to get the LiveScan prints done in the Pikesville area? I seem to remember a place behind Reisterstown Plaza.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I went to livescan to get my prints for UT and AZ permits. At the same time, decided to submit for MD since I was incurring the cost anyhow. I sent in my application yesterday, with the same instructions as earlier under the G&S answer. .... and all lawful purposes.

Will my permit be denied or returned? I could not wait til Aug 8 as my livescan was already done and submitted and I had 72 hours to send in.

I'd send it in. Patrick has been in contact with MDSP and he said they are accepting applications now.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=1767820&postcount=10

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I'm just about finished filling in my application and will probably mail it on the 7th or 8th. Does anyone know where to get the LiveScan prints done in the Pikesville area? I seem to remember a place behind Reisterstown Plaza.

Follow the link in my signature. Look for the section on fingerprinting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom