• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmbstyle

Sep 22, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    So I have been hearing that some people are having their form 1 for a sbr disapproved because of MD law. But it was my understanding that sbr's are legal as long as it meets the oal requirement. Can anyone clarify whats going on or what the ATF is waiting for?

thanks

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I read that, but I was still confused as to what is going on between MSP and the ATF because I thought MSP clarified everything. I guess I will just wait till other form 1's are coming back approved before I send mine in lol

We're all wondering that.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    cb2f994b1fc25f0beb20a0ec3884367e801aa5e9f48da6a3f15d91a3ef468b97.jpg

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    From what we can see from posts here, ATF has stopped approving anything until they are satisfied that

1. MSP is the legal authority on MD Firearms law.
    2. They get a clarification on SBR's as they relate to the copycat provisions in FSA 2013.

That's what we know. More to come hopefully.

Last edited:

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    So I have been hearing that some people are having their form 1 for a sbr disapproved because of MD law. But it was my understanding that sbr's are legal as long as it meets the oal requirement. Can anyone clarify whats going on or what the ATF is waiting for?

thanks

I guess you don't come here much? :sad20:

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Everything that needs to be done, has been done. It's all in the ATF's court now. However, MSP other then CPL Edwards, hasn't been much help either.

My feeling is that the "care factor" in both state and fed govt. bureaucracy is at a all time low on this issue.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Someone got a bug put up their arse.

It's just surprising how many folks that actually know how to start a thread don't now how to find one. Especially since there are 3 threads covering this topic. I should have wrote something catchy like DUPE... Either way the good news is it looks like we are getting approvals again. So this thread and all others like it will be pushed down into the thread graveyard.

mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    APPROVED

Same here. Approved tonight for a 29.5" AR. Took just under 2 months.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's just surprising how many folks that actually know how to start a thread don't now how to find one. Especially since there are 3 threads covering this topic. I should have wrote something catchy like DUPE... Either way the good news is it looks like we are getting approvals again. So this thread and all others like it will be pushed down into the thread graveyard.

Good point. Maybe it's time for someone to start an ''SBRs are being approved again'' thread. I would but, I haven't reapplied yet and I'm at work and the boss is going to walk in any moment now and yell at me for being on his computer. Bye-bye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom