What's a good price for non-magnetic AK ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Surplus bi-metal stuff is extremely abundant AND cheap. Of course, I need non-magnetic projectile ammo for indoor range use. Cheapest I could find after one day of searching is around $.50cpr, which is almost triple the price of the cheap stuff. Is that the norm or should I search/wait for a better price?

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    The real answer is just to join an outdoor range. Depending on where you live there are many choices. Plus its nicer to shoot outdoors, and you can shoot a much greater distance.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The real answer is just to join an outdoor range. Depending on where you live there are many choices. Plus its nicer to shoot outdoors, and you can shoot a much greater distance.

That's the next step. I would love to shoot outdoors. Indoor is a nice option for bad weather plus my indoor membership is free and I only ever have time to shoot at night. I dont think outdoor ranges are open after dark.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah, except during the winter... it's been freezing and rainy quite a lot, not to mention that sunset is so early. I basically hope for decent weather on Sundays these days.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    There's a Pawn Shop I go to that for some reason always seems to have Remington UMC and Winchester White Box 762x39 for $11 a box which doesn't make any sense. Normally that stuff sells for $18 a box. I buy every box they have every time I get in there.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    There's a Pawn Shop I go to that for some reason always seems to have Remington UMC and Winchester White Box 762x39 for $11 a box which doesn't make any sense. Normally that stuff sells for $18 a box. I buy every box they have every time I get in there.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

I assume you won't tell us which :innocent0

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    There ain't no brass. It's copper-washed steel casing.

where'd you get that from? I googled it and it comes up as brass case everywhere. Im not interested in reloading anyway. Just so long as it shoots straight, doesnt screw up my gun, and theres no steel in the projectile I could care less about the case anyway.

pasayan73

May 31, 2009
    laurel, md
    i shot the arsenal brand. made in bulgaria. it's brass cased, non magnetic bullet. went to MSAR last saturday. they used a magnet to check the ammo and it was good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom