• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    I'm looking to put a scope on a 10/22. We'll mostly use it for informal target shooting. I don't want one of the inexpensive .22 scopes but something a little nicer. Anyone have any suggestions, I would like something in the $150 range. Thanks.

Rednekrebel

Apr 9, 2007
    Edgemere
    Centerpoint scope from wally world may work for what you need. I have A burris 3x9x40 on mine and love it. Around $160 is what i think a payed for it.

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    I was thinking that lack of recoil would allow me to use a non-expensive scope. I do like the idea of a mil-dot reticle.

ALBY

Jan 5, 2008
    i have a BSA catseye scope on my 10-22 and it is a great scope for the money.

it is a hard scope to put dope on, (mine is about 6 years old with small turrets) but the glass is very clear. i put leupold see thru rings right on the receiver and the gun is a my goto rimfire blaster. one of my favorites. have the irons set for up close and the scope zeroed at 65 yards.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I did some research on inexpensive scopes a few months back. I ended up going with a Sightron SI 3-9x40mm for a little over $120. I have it mounted on a AR-15 for kicks. So, recoil is not a problem for it. Also, they have a lot of retical options.

Seems to work good, although I don't use it much. I focus mostly on iron sight skills.

Rob

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I have a bushnell trophy on my .22lr and got a weaver 4x fixed for my .22lr on order. I think with scope and rings, $150 is about right for a 10/22.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    I use Bushnell 3-9's cant recall the bell diamter off hand - on my model 60's. Not overly expensive, clear enough glass - lifetime warrenty. I personally would not go over a 9x power scope for a 22.LR - they drop like a rock and lose energy pretty quick. I use mine for plinking, target shooting, and rabbit control - gets the job done.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    A friend of mine has a Mueller APV on his , nice scope and the parallax can be adjusted down to 10 or 15 yards and they are within your price range.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I have been looking for the same thing recently. After much reading on RC and web I came up with:
    The Mueller APV and the Nikon Prostaff BDC Rimfire. Both seem to be excellent values
    for the 100-150 range.

Good Luck

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    A lot of guys on RimfireCentral.com running scoped .22's use Mueller APV's.
    http://muelleroptics.com/mapv451440
    Great scope for the money, and they have a lifetime warranty too. Give JoeBobOutfitters a call, their an Industry Partner. They carry Mueller APV's and have them listed for a great price with free shipping.
    http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Mueller_APV_Black_p/mapv451440.htm

I have a Mueller APV. It is a nice scope. The glass is clear, it holds a zero, the price is right, and looks cool. I cannot ask it to do anymore.

img5167r.jpg

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    Gentlemen, thank you for the advice. You've given me several options all of which I will consider. I have a Barska 3-9X50 which was included in the purchase of a used Arsenal AK. I'm unfamiliar with Barska and read a lot of mixed reviews, mostly unfavorable. I'm hesitant to use it, do you think it's worth a try? I would rather get something of known quality than have to fight with an inferior scope. Thanks for your help!

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    well, it's a .22lr so if the barska problem is based on it's ability to hold zero with higher calibers, it will not hurt to try it on the .22lr before going out to buy a new one. then save your money for a really nice scope for your future rifle.

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    There were a bunch of complaints of loss of zero or unable to zero. Others were complaints of poor clairity and stuff. Some people really liked them. I find mixed reviews on all sorts of stuff so..... My main concern is that I'll be shooting at close range 100yds tops and if there will be a focusing problem etc using a scope designed for longer ranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom