• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/democrat-manual-how-to-lie-about-gun-control/

The gun grabbers are waiting. They have an 80 page manual on crisis communications already put together on what to say to amplify and hype the next tragedy.

The manual opens by claiming three key arguments are the most “powerful” when trying to grip the public:

“One: The serious personal toll that gun violence takes on people’s lives, Two: People’s right to be free from violence in their communities; Three: The changing nature of weapons towards more powerful, military-style ones that make us less safe.”

With that in mind, the manual then offers a step-by-step guide on how to frame an intensely emotional discussion,

"Step 1: “Always focus on emotional and value-driven arguments about gun violence,” followed by Step 2: “Tell stories with images and feelings,” then Step 3: “Claim moral authority,” Step 4: “Emphasize that extraordinarily dangerous, military-style weapons are now within easy reach across America.”

This must be exposed and amplified using the same tactics against them now. We need to talk about government mind control and manipulation of the people when they are the most vulnerable. Can we pass this around to everyone that we know? You bet we can.

Just because they aren't ready to vote on illegal laws doesn't mean we sit down and take a break. They aren't. They are working steadily like that dang energizer bunny. They will not stop until we are disarmed. We can not stop until they are re-educated on what it means to be an American.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Alinsky applied. We need to embrace their tactics and use them along with sense and reason to discredit them and make our case. Anybody who saw me at the MSI booth last year at the Buckwild outdoor "Fuddfest" saw how I pointed out how these laws are a threat to the children of anyone who shoots or hunts. I explain how MSI informed me about laws that threatened my and their children and how I got involved and made a difference. We signed up hundreds. I used the fear that I felt to make the case that they should be afraid as well and how I was just like them and got involved and made a difference. We need to do like they do. Personalize the issue. Do you deserve the right to protect your family? Why don't you deserve the same rights as the residents of 43+ states? Point out the racist roots of gun control and how our legislature doesn't trust them and is proudly carrying on the racist tradition. If we use their tactics along with the facts you will at least discredit if you can't convince them.

Last edited:

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    My pro gun feeling are emotional and also filled with images. As for the moral high ground, depends on your point of view.
    I am a human
    I am a free man
    I am an American
    As such I have the right and moral responsibility to protect and defend myself, my family, and if needed my community and country.

So they can gnaw the bark on my big fat log.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    We had a whole presentation on how to counteract this.

To many in the pro-2a community need to move beyond calling Maryland a communist state and omalley a ****tard.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    "Step 1: “Always focus on emotional and value-driven arguments about gun violence,”

A focus on protecting your family. The world is increasingly dangerous. Stories of bad guys being stopped by gun owners. All work in the same way.

followed by Step 2: “Tell stories with images and feelings,”

See above

then Step 3: “Claim moral authority,”

Personal responsibility. Willingness to do what it takes to protect the wife and kids.

Step 4: “Emphasize that extraordinarily dangerous, military-style weapons are now within easy reach across America.”

Why NOT use the best technology available to protect one's family? Why NOT use the R&D developments forged from real life use? Why NOT upgrade from the musket days of old, to something more reliable to PROTECT THE FAMILY.

We have at our disposal the same tools.

It seems that these are the very tools that have worked, when anything has in fact worked. Splitting legal hairs may be factually and logically correct, but these emotional tools are real and seem to work better.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    A focus on protecting your family. The world is increasingly dangerous. Stories of bad guys being stopped by gun owners. All work in the same way.

An addition to this. Focusing on equality of rights too.

Liberals would never shame a woman for protecting her right to an abortion, even if she was a woman who only had sex twice in her life to make babies.

But a woman who talks about defending herself, liberals would destroy her for imagining boggymen.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

Liberals would never shame a woman for protecting her right to an abortion, even if she was a woman who only had sex twice in her life to make babies.

But a woman who talks about defending herself, liberals would destroy her for imagining boggymen.

So consistent.

Attachments

• image-26220684.jpg
      image-26220684.jpg
      50.3 KB · Views: 149

Bravo

Bravo
    Feb 18, 2013
    Howard County
    This is an excellent Allinsky type outline. Unfortunately you are up against far more as you already know. A complicit media and government, a loss of critical thinking by the public in general, an ignorance of history, bread and circus distractions, and among others a move to the left by the electorate, hysterical soccer moms (who don't want their kids to run zig zag drills in school) and a government that no longer follows the law, for starters.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    If eventually only government sanctioned agencies are allowed firearms (or all but a select few types of firearms) then what type of people will the liberals be enticing and soliciting to enforce those laws?

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013

The issue is what arguments will WORK, and sway votes in both the ballot box and in Congress / legislatures. Rights issues work best in court, but seem to be ignored elsewhere.

I think we have generally failed by showing up with an army of men in camo, and an army of men in lawyer suits.

What we need is an army of Moms talking about protection of themselves and their kids, and who want access to the right tools to do that, and not have their choices and access limited.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    This is an excellent Allinsky type outline. Unfortunately you are up against far more as you already know. A complicit media and government, a loss of critical thinking by the public in general, an ignorance of history, bread and circus distractions, and among others a move to the left by the electorate, hysterical soccer moms (who don't want their kids to run zig zag drills in school) and a government that no longer follows the law, for starters.

We need to point to the misinformation and censorship by the media as well. We can shake their confidence in the Domestic Enemy media as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom