• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StanW

Hooligan #8
    Dec 18, 2012
    Western MD
    OK, while camping this weekend out in Savage River State Forest, "What was that?" seemed to be a major topic of conversation. The one we are trying to figure out, what was making all the hooting and hollering during the night? There were several critters having some sort of debate around us. At first we thought it was an owl moving around, then perhaps dear. The Mrs. poked around on the internet when we got home and believes they were foxes. They seem awfully loud and were quite a few going at it. One sound like a fricking monkey. I'm thinking Chupacabra but I don't think they come this far north :)

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    MOM makes monkey noises every time he tries to speak.
    And AG Doug Gansler squeals like a baby.
    Maybe it was Gansler trying to pull his nose out of MOM's rear-end?

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    OK, while camping this weekend out in Savage River State Forest, "What was that?" seemed to be a major topic of conversation. The one we are trying to figure out, what was making all the hooting and hollering during the night? There were several critters having some sort of debate around us. At first we thought it was an owl moving around, then perhaps dear. The Mrs. poked around on the internet when we got home and believes they were foxes. They seem awfully loud and were quite a few going at it. One sound like a fricking monkey. I'm thinking Chupacabra but I don't think they come this far north :)

Without actually hearing the sound it would be hard to say. Could have been coyotes howling. Red Fox make an odd short bark. I watched and heard a red fox bark at cat in an old quarry once. Knew what it was right away, and seeing it confirmed it.

There are also grey fox up this way - probably more of those then reds.

See if any of these sounds - sound familar.

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    Maybe coyotes? Got some who run along Dan's Mountain near the house. Quite noisy! They sound like a frat party some nites.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Without actually hearing the sound it would be hard to say. Could have been coyotes howling. Red Fox make an odd short bark. I watched and heard a red fox bark at cat in an old quarry once. Knew what it was right away, and seeing it confirmed it.

There are also grey fox up this way - probably more of those then reds.

See if any of these sounds - sound familar.

I've heard that Vixen call a few times and talk about making your hair stand up. Walk through the woods in the dark and hear that 50 yards away and tell me you wont crap your pants. It sounded like someone was getting murdered.

I've heard that Vixen call a few times and talk about making your hair stand up. Walk through the woods in the dark and hear that 50 yards away and tell me you wont crap your pants. It sounded like someone was getting murdered.

Yeah, I've heard red fox vixen going on in the woods by my house here in Timonium, and it always scares the sh_t out of me. Sounds unearthly.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    StanW, that was undoubtedly Hooli the Goat. There haven't been many new Hooligan initiations lately and Hooli's getting antsy!

Hey Mooseman, you need to get that goat under control! The neighbors are starting to complain!
    :lol2:

Actually I heard the same sounds you describe at the range before daylight on Sunday. I'm thinking coyote.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

Attachments

• goat.jpg
      goat.jpg
      16.5 KB · Views: 251

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    StanW, that was undoubtedly Hooli the Goat. There haven't been many new Hooligan initiations lately and Hooli's getting antsy!

Hey Mooseman, you need to get that goat under control! The neighbors are starting to complain!
    :lol2:

Actually I heard the same sounds you describe at the range before daylight on Sunday. I'm thinking coyote.

Hooli likes camping and does tend to get a little wild in the woods.:D We will try to behave a little more next time.:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom