• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    My son just received a letter today stating that he has a hearing on May 17th for his permit which was denied last year. The day that he was supposed to go last year, they called and said it had been renewed. Of course the restrictions were different. So this letter states that it is a hearing for the denying his permit almost a year ago (It was a renewal by the way).

Not sure what he will do. I guess go and take a chance and see what happens and try and get the restrictions reworded.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    My son just received a letter today stating that he has a hearing on May 17th for his permit which was denied last year. The day that he was supposed to go last year, they called and said it had been renewed. Of course the restrictions were different. So this letter states that it is a hearing for the denying his permit almost a year ago (It was a renewal by the way).

Not sure what he will do. I guess go and take a chance and see what happens and try and get the restrictions reworded.

So he was denied, had a date set for last year, prior to the date the MSP called and said they changed their decision and issued a permit renewal, but with different language on the permit? Now they want to hold a hearing for what?

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    The letter says for the denied permit. Seems like the left had does not know what the right hand is doing.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The letter says for the denied permit. Seems like the left had does not know what the right hand is doing.

I would call and tell them to clarify that the permit was issued, if indeed it was. The new board may be coming across old requests for hearings and trying to do the right thing.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    No one there to answer the phone, or emails. I would seriously consider having him just show up and request whatever he wants in the way of a change. Don't lose the opportunity that only comes around a year after he submitted his appeal.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Suggestion:

Show up... With the permit... Withdraw the appeal due to the later subsequent permit issuance.

Failure to appear may have negative results in the state records which could cause issues later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom