• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    What O/U's does Loch Raven & P/G rent?

Looking to see what fits me for various clay games.

Did a search and still not sure other than maybe Beretta at PG, but wondering what else.

I have an 1100 I can grind up skeet with, and am currently borrowing a friends BT99 for trap. Looking to get an O/U for sporting clays & trap.

Citori XT is not in play, they don't work for me.

Would like to try a Cynergy and Beretta to get an idea what may fit and be available in the used market. Was raised on the 1100 and a Browning 325.

Any help would be appreciated.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    PG is an authorized Berretta dealer I think so I'm pretty sure they only have Berettas.

I know for a fact they have the 686s in the Onyx line, but I don't think I've ever seen it in the Silver Pigeon line.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    What O/U's does Loch Raven & P/G rent?

Looking to see what fits me for various clay games.

Did a search and still not sure other than maybe Beretta at PG, but wondering what else.

I have an 1100 I can grind up skeet with, and am currently borrowing a friends BT99 for trap. Looking to get an O/U for sporting clays & trap.

Citori XT is not in play, they don't work for me.

Would like to try a Cynergy and Beretta to get an idea what may fit and be available in the used market. Was raised on the 1100 and a Browning 325.

Any help would be appreciated.

PG rents Berettas. Both O/U and Semi. Usually 686 Silver Pigeon and A400. Can't comment on gauge, I haven't actually rented. Just what I see them handing over the counter.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I can confirm what has already been said about PG Trap & Skeet. Wish it was after April 18th, so I could offer to accompany you and let you shoot a couple of my Berettas. Granted, both of my Beretta o/u clays guns have adjustable stocks that have been set up for me specifically. Probably would feel terrible for you. Also, I tried out 4 of the new DT11 Berettas at Cabelas in Christiana, and 3 of them felt like a 2x4 and fit me horrible, but the 4th was like silk. They also had adjustable stocks, but it was nice to pick one up that just felt right, right away.

I cannot remember if Guerini does a fitting or not, but there are a couple Guerini guys here that might chime in. Believe Guerini is located on the Eastern Shore.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Fabs, CG is likely out of my price range as would be anything "combo".

I am familiar with Etchens, that website could be dangerous if I had stacks of $$. I have been told they don't sell Cynergy, and have not seen any on their site.

I need to stay in the used market or in the lower end if new (like the Citori CX or Cynergy CX) but would like to try some out. I am afraid the Citori CX will fit just like the Citori XT which, as I stated earlier, I don't do well with. I really would like to try a Cynergy model, was hoping PG or LR might have one to try, so thats why I asked if anyone knew.

I for sure will test drive a Beretta at PG.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Fabs, CG is likely out of my price range as would be anything "combo".

I am familiar with Etchens, that website could be dangerous if I had stacks of $$. I have been told they don't sell Cynergy, and have not seen any on their site.

I need to stay in the used market or in the lower end if new (like the Citori CX or Cynergy CX) but would like to try some out. I am afraid the Citori CX will fit just like the Citori XT which, as I stated earlier, I don't do well with. I really would like to try a Cynergy model, was hoping PG or LR might have one to try, so thats why I asked if anyone knew.

I for sure will test drive a Beretta at PG.

If you have stacks of $$$$$$, websites are a lot less dangerous. It is when you do not have stacks of $$$$$, yet still want something, that things can get tricky, and sometimes dangerous. lol

Dangerous was walking into Cabela's, shouldering a bunch of DT11 o/u's, finding one that fit just right, really liking the gun, and my wife saying "maybe". I don't stop there anymore on the way to or from Long Island. Talk about dangerous. When she said "maybe", I was ready to whip out the credit card. It was painful to hand the shotgun back to the salesman.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The other one to try to find to try is the Winchester 101.

I fit Brownings pretty well off the rack. I shoot a 325, almost stock.

But when I got the Browning, Winchester was not making the 101, but there was another company making them (Connecticut Valley ?????). Felt REALLY good. But about $800 - $1000 more than the 325. But Winchester is making them again.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/shotguns/model-101.html

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    Miller's Gun Center in Newark, DE has in the past had a few Cynergy's in stock. If you're inclined to head up there you might call first to confirm.

I like the Cynergy "Classic" model (traditional recoil pad); it has a low, wide receiver like the Beretta's I prefer and unlike the 12 gauge Citori models.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I can confirm what has already been said about PG Trap & Skeet. Wish it was after April 18th, so I could offer to accompany you and let you shoot a couple of my Berettas. Granted, both of my Beretta o/u clays guns have adjustable stocks that have been set up for me specifically. Probably would feel terrible for you. Also, I tried out 4 of the new DT11 Berettas at Cabelas in Christiana, and 3 of them felt like a 2x4 and fit me horrible, but the 4th was like silk. They also had adjustable stocks, but it was nice to pick one up that just felt right, right away.

I cannot remember if Guerini does a fitting or not, but there are a couple Guerini guys here that might chime in. Believe Guerini is located on the Eastern Shore.
    He needs to talk to Jack Bart. Store is closed but he still does fitting and the FFL was transfered to his brother Wayne who lives in Trappe. Jack still teaches / fits shotgun mostly at Loch Raven. An Internet search would likely get you in contact I bet. They deal with Guerini

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    He needs to talk to Jack Bart. Store is closed but he still does fitting and the FFL was transfered to his brother Wayne who lives in Trappe. Jack still teaches / fits shotgun mostly at Loch Raven. An Internet search would likely get you in contact I bet. They deal with Guerini

That is good to know about Jack. Quite a shame that the story was closed up, but I am guessing that with Outdoor World being right down the road, it put a lot of pressure on that shop. For a year, I lived right around the corner from that shop. Bought my 12 gauge Teknys from that shop.

Tough to make a living in America as a retail store front with Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc. to compete with. If you aren't working for one of the big guys, you are most likely providing a service instead of a product.

Glad to hear that he is able to provide his services still.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay

You can meet Jack at Guerini in Cambridge, pick a gun, get it fit by Andrew, and purchase it through Jack. Guerini will not sell direct to a customer. Nice way to go.
    I looked at 15 different guns before I bought my Challenger Impact.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    You can meet Jack at Guerini in Cambridge, pick a gun, get it fit by Andrew, and purchase it through Jack. Guerini will not sell direct to a customer. Nice way to go.
    I looked at 15 different guns before I bought my Challenger Impact.

Yes, Guerini, like most manufacturers do not sell direct to the public. Guerini, like some others, requires you to be a dealer to even purchase through their distributors. Thanks for more info on Jack Bart. I always thought he and his brothers were great guys and wish them the best.

www.onlinebarts.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom