• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beemerguy

Oct 6, 2012
    I like to think of it as realistic the decline of this country since the 1960's can all be brought back to the freeloaders of this country , whom all seem to vote D and once they cram immigration reform they will have 2016 in the bag

I hate to say this, but I think you just might be right.

I am a lifelong Marylander, but at my age -- 60 -- I no longer recognize my state: it's become a leftist Disneyland. And when I step back and look where we seem to be headed as a nation, I feel like I am witnessing the fall of Rome live...it's kind of interesting on an academic level, but not much fun to experience. :(

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I hate to say this, but I think you just might be right.

I am a lifelong Marylander, but at my age -- 60 -- I no longer recognize my state: it's become a leftist Disneyland. And when I step back and look where we seem to be headed as a nation, I feel like I am witnessing the fall of Rome live...it's kind of interesting on an academic level, but not much fun to experience. :(

I have been using the Rome analogy for over the past 5 years. My parents, both in their early 70's, feel the same way as you do in that the nation is headed in reverse. There is less and less incentive to work hard and get ahead, as shown by a recent welfare study showing what people are getting on welfare from each individual state. This nation was built on people taking risks, working hard to make those risks pay off, etc. Now, you can sit on your couch in Maryland and make the equivalent of $38k before taxes based on welfare. You can get even more in DC and Hawaii.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Nevermind these other comments. Better late than never. Welcome to the fight.

Depends how late one comes. Coming to the fight after the white flag is up, then general is handing over his sword, a treaty is being signed, etc. is too late and just as good as never showing up.

The treaty of Aurora/Newton has been signed in Maryland, and it is known as the battle of SB281.

Time to get ready for the next battle and hope we don't lose more "land" and/or have to give reparations.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I'm sorry if I'm just missing it. I want to help but it seems there are many fronts instead of an unified front.
    Is there going to be a lawsuit and if so filed by whom? Why was the petition idea dropped? Time is the factor here and anything that could have been done to delay the law would have been good.
    I don't have a lot of time so I need to know where my support will do the most good!

Very simple.. tell your friends to show up at the next rally.
    Get them to join MSI or Saf or anybody else.

Watch this board the next time we need help to work a table at gun show...

The rest is noise....

Do it now. NOW. Or stop talking about it... its time for action.

Don't trust the gun groups? Fine but the time for squabbles is long gone. Join or do not join. NOW.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Please not another woe is us thread..

Mods can we make a whole forum for woe is us...
    I mean this way newbes dont see it the very first time they decide to get involved..

Is it really that hard to understand that thus is counter productive.....

Woe is us Woe is us.. gently up a creak
    Paddle what paddle.. I tossed that for spite..

Woe is us woe is us..

10-7

Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Good post, Brooklyn, but I'd like to emphasize one point.

MSA and SAF in particular are less "gun groups" than we are "rights groups", and as such approach these issues from a slightly different angle.

Any contributions are, of course, a good thing, and we welcome those who are willing to pitch a hand.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Please not another wow is us thread..

Mods can we make a whole forum for woe is us...
    I mean this way newbes dont see it the very first time they decide to get involved..

Is it really that hard to understand that thus is counter productive.....

Woe is us Woe is us.. gently up a creak
    Paddle what paddle.. I tossed that for spite..

Woe is us woe is us..

10-7

I actually think we should have a "WOW is us" thread. That would be wonderful and something inspiring. Think I am going to print a shirt with "WOW is us" on it with an AR-15 right below it. lol

Paddle? I am wondering what the heck happened to the boat and checking to see if the life preserver is fastened tightly.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Good post, Brooklyn, but I'd like to emphasize one point.

MSA and SAF in particular are less "gun groups" than we are "rights groups", and as such approach these issues from a slightly different angle.

Any contributions are, of course, a good thing, and we welcome those who are willing to pitch a hand.

OK let's be rights groups.. :) maybe I will say 2a groups..

I can not type them all or worse miss one and have them feel slighted.. :)

Yoda says "Do or do not do. There is no try." This is where we are at.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I'm sorry if I'm just missing it. I want to help but it seems there are many fronts instead of an unified front.
    Is there going to be a lawsuit and if so filed by whom?
    YES, see above why there are no details yet.
    Why was the petition idea dropped?
    You never, ever put core Constitutional Rights up for a popular vote, ever!
    Time is the factor here and anything that could have been done to delay the law would have been good.
    Quite a few of us have done what we could, I've burned over 70 hours of vacation time fighting this mess this year and I'm not even close to the only one that has.
    I don't have a lot of time so I need to know where my support will do the most good!

Donate to MSI, AGC Legislative or MLFDA; that's about all you can do for now other than becoming a plaintiff in one of the lawsuits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom