• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drbradford

Mar 28, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I'm sorry if I'm just missing it. I want to help but it seems there are many fronts instead of an unified front.
    Is there going to be a lawsuit and if so filed by whom? Why was the petition idea dropped? Time is the factor here and anything that could have been done to delay the law would have been good.
    I don't have a lot of time so I need to know where my support will do the most good!

Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Lawsuits are being prepared, but details will not be released until they are filed... Cards held low, and all that

The petition was never a good idea, for reasons spelled out in many threads over the past 6 months

While it may seem like "many fronts", all the players are well coordinated... Just staying quiet until needed.

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy. Join the fight.

www.marylandshallissue.org

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The petition debate was raging in the spring , and while there were sincere people on both sides , I was agin' it for several reasons , but that's moot now.

But it is always worthy to support the Md-based caolition - MSI , AGC , MLFDA , and sorta MSPRA . National level NRA-ILA for a certain upcomming project , and SAF for Wollard , and interlocking coordinated 2A cases nationwide.

Bob Lee $wagger

Roll Tide
    Jan 5, 2013
    Orange Beach, Alabama
    A little late to the party aren't we? The petition for referendum was dropped because the state gets to word the question on the ballot and after the "sheeple" voted yes for more gun control, the "OweMalley Regime" would have been in court with the defense of "but it's what the majority of Marylanders wanted and voted for." I imagine the question would have been worded something like "Should fully automatic military assault weapons with high capacity "clips" that have recently been used to murder countless innocent children and puppies be banned? Get your popcorn ready. After Oct.1 it's going to get interesting around here.

MD Designated Collector
    Utah CCW- good in 30+ states but not in the People's Republic of Marylandstan. Martin OweMalley "Supreme Dicktator" What's in your wallet?

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Talk about closing the barn after the animals are gone! How did those last few petitions work out? The courts are the proper venue for defending the Constitution sadly the Constitution is pretty much dead because too many waited till now to give a crap.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I'm sorry if I'm just missing it. I want to help but it seems there are many fronts instead of an unified front.

I done have alot of time so I need to know where my support will do the most good!

It does seem that there's a lot of people running around doing stuff, but if you want to make the most effective use of your time and money I would say that you ought to donate some of both to Maryland Shall Issue. They're the most "together" group of folks who are fighting for us. They're well connected in the state government, they know the ropes of working in Annapolis and with the media, and they've also already filed several important lawsuits on our behalf (Woolard v. Sheridan et al, for example, with Alan Gura on our side, and the recent suits against the State Police over the background check fiasco) and will continue to do so in the future.

If you want to make direct, effective use of your time and money, give to MSI.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    It does seem that there's a lot of people running around doing stuff, but if you want to make the most effective use of your time and money I would say that you ought to donate some of both to Maryland Shall Issue. They're the most "together" group of folks who are fighting for us. They're well connected in the state government, they know the ropes of working in Annapolis and with the media, and they've also already filed several important lawsuits on our behalf (Woolard v. Sheridan et al, for example, with Alan Gura on our side, and the recent suits against the State Police over the background check fiasco) and will continue to do so in the future.

If you want to make direct, effective use of your time and money, give to MSI.

Seconded. Patrick of MSI did a stellar job at the AELR hearing yesterday. MSI deserves your cash.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    There has been a lot done. If you are looking for the best places to spend your time (I am banking that you meant to say "I have got a lot of time" and not "I have done a lot of time" :) ) I would suggest volunteering with either AGC or MSI.

drbradford

Mar 28, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I was very active before the bill was passed. I called everyone in the legislature and the Governor and wrote a letter, not e-mail and not typed, to many. I had found in the past writing carries more weight. I also e-mailed them too.
    So I am not late to the game. It just seems the boards are full of complaints, but no real ideas. I do agree greatly with the idea of no letting the enemy know what you are doing and we all know they read these boards more than we do.
    Thank you and I be supporting MSI, NRA, and this board.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The petition debate was raging in the spring , and while there were sincere people on both sides , I was agin' it for several reasons , but that's moot now.

But it is always worthy to support the Md-based caolition - MSI , AGC , MLFDA , and sorta MSPRA . National level NRA-ILA for a certain upcomming project , and SAF for Wollard , and interlocking coordinated 2A cases nationwide.

Might want to spell out those abbreviations for the people that don't know them, or refer them to ShallNotInfringe's abbreviation page if they are defined there. Heck, I don't even know all of them.

To the OP, I was for the referendum because I believed the Maryland people en mass would not stand for this BS and that there are a lot of liberal voters that are more than a single issue voter that support the 2nd Amendment but cannot support a 2nd Amendment friendly candidate for other reasons. The referendum would have also been a good barometer for how bad things really are here in Maryland regarding the 2nd Amendment. The fact that enough petitions could not be obtained to meet the very first cutoff date also says something about the state of the 2nd Amendment in Maryland. I am still bitter with the NRA for its position on the referendum, but it can win me back with positive results from its soon to be filed lawsuit. My fingers are crossed.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Take the money and save it to move out of this state . The courts will take forever to hear it and when they rule it constitutional (since either Obozo or Billary) get to choose the next two Supreme Court Justices the loss of those donated funds will be heart breaking . court was never the best option but the powers that be in this state decided how this issue will be lost. Before jumping on me go look back to the gun bill of 1988 , the NRA decided not to fight it due to the fact if SCOTUS ruled it legal then other states would follow this has some eerie similarities

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Take the money and save it to move out of this state . The courts will take forever to hear it and when they rule it constitutional (since either Obozo or Billary) get to choose the next two Supreme Court Justices the loss of those donated funds will be heart breaking . court was never the best option but the powers that be in this state decided how this issue will be lost. Before jumping on me go look back to the gun bill of 1988 , the NRA decided not to fight it due to the fact if SCOTUS ruled it legal then other states would follow this has some eerie similarities

That is about as pessimistic as one can be. I am at least optimistic that this will get heard sooner rather than later, which was most likely the NRA's reason for not wanting to go the referendum route since it believes it has a favorable SCOTUS right now. I am also optimistic that with Obama's track record on the economy, gun control, etc., that we will not have a Democratic POTUS in 2016. Keeping my fingers crossed. Otherwise, I am moving to Argentina.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    That is about as pessimistic as one can be. I am at least optimistic that this will get heard sooner rather than later, which was most likely the NRA's reason for not wanting to go the referendum route since it believes it has a favorable SCOTUS right now. I am also optimistic that with Obama's track record on the economy, gun control, etc., that we will not have a Democratic POTUS in 2016. Keeping my fingers crossed. Otherwise, I am moving to Argentina.

I like to think of it as realistic the decline of this country since the 1960's can all be brought back to the freeloaders of this country , whom all seem to vote D and once they cram immigration reform they will have 2016 in the bag

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom