• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matt_yamaha_guy_450

Jun 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Ok so I just received an e-mail from the NRA with a link of an interview with Chris Cox from the NRA and they were talking about if Obama is ellected again he would instate another ''assault weapons ban'' so if this would happen could you stock up on stripped ar-15 lowers now and buy all the other parts after the ban takes place... assuming it does of course? Just pondering about the scenario:)

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    No one knows.

It could be anything from confiscation to you can own them but you can't sell them.

I would expect to see you can own but can't sell with mandatory registration.

Of course we can avoid this problem by voting for Romney.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    I don't see it happening. Nothing to worry about. Especially if they go by the true definition of what an "assault weapon" is.

Isn't that the key words what they define as an assault weapon. Didn't I read some place that any weapon that holds more the five rounds is considered an assault weapon in someplace in New York State.

Thanks
    Robert

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    Unlikely to happen.

While Obama won't have to face voters again in a second term, members of Congress will.

In the current political climate, Congress won't deliver it to him.

tim410

Sep 10, 2009
    Towson
    Im not into politics at all but i have been monitoring this thread. I am praying that nothing happends and we can have whatever we want

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    What's a better investment?
    1) Invest hundreds or thousands in firearms that might be banned in a number of different ways if an undesireable politician gets elected...driving up the price of the firearms, while causing parts and ammo to become unobtainable in a panic buying frenzy.

2) Invest hundreds or thousands in campaign donations for gun-friendly politicians to keep them from being banned in the first place...maybe even ease silly things like NFA laws, waiting periods, and carry laws.

3) keep your money and invest it in whatever way you wish. Donate man-hours to gun-friendly campaigns and groups like MSI or SAF to keep anti-gunners from getting office. You may also help further pro-gun court cases and laws during legislative sessions.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    What if?

We spent less time (and bandwidth) worrying about hypothetical situations, and spent more of that time/energy in keeping them from becoming reality... :innocent0

(I see smokey has already covered part of that in his post... :o)

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    What if?

We spent less time (and bandwidth) worrying about hypothetical situations, and spent more of that time/energy in keeping them from becoming reality... :innocent0

(I see smokey has already covered part of that in his post... :o)

:thumbsup:

But since the thread exists...I don't see it happening, since we will almost certainly have a republican majority in the house, and we have pro-gun dems in the house and senate also (some.) If somehow a new AWB came into play (not happening in the next 4 years) I don't expect it will be worse than the last one, since we have more pro-gun representatives/senators now than we did then, and a much higher percentage of people that do not want more restriction.

The real problem is SCOTUS justices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom