• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Do the best you can with what you have. Fight like hell with what you know. Use objects between you and the aggressor. Use same objects as hard things to hit the aggressor against. Use walls, columns and corners to protect your flank and rear. Know how to to defend yourself from the ground.
    In this video IMHO the cowboy took a casual semi-bladed stance with hands above his waist. Fairly good defensive stance. He did let the already agitated person too close when he was having words with him. When the agitator came close to him, he could have made distance by backing up, took a more aggressive fighting stance with a real loud "Get back!" It would have got the attention of everyone around, got the police running to the scene if not already, filled his lungs with air and got his fighting juices flowing. It is already a disruptive airport scene so might as well make it the best advantage to him. Pink shirt guy was too busy recording on his phone with no situational awareness. He got a kick for that. After that it was a pig pile until the upstart was in cuffs.

There are plenty of things for improvised weapons and armor. One can learn a lot from studying what is made/used in prison. One that really had me amazed was seeing a hard spike made from coffee cup lids.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have the strength of a grizzly, reflexes of a puma, and wisdom of a man. Forget about it, Break the wrist, walk away:D

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    This is a good example why we all need to learn basic self defense (empty hand) techniques, strikes, holds, armlocks and chokes!

All of these are WORTHLESS is a person does not practice these at least on a regular basis to make them second nature. Merely learning them once is not good enough and will not be used under duress.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    All of these are WORTHLESS is a person does not practice these at least on a regular basis to make them second nature. Merely learning them once is not good enough and will not be used under duress.
    Of course you need to practice and hone your skills, I don't think I mentioned that you only need to see it demonstrated once. As in anything that you learn you need to practice it to eventually have some level of skill. Either way, you can't shoot everyone so you better be skillful with your hands in the interim.

One should be fairly confident in their own self-defense with and without weapons!

Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County

True, but some knowledge is better than no knowledge when in a defensive situation. Regular practice can improve your chance of getting out of that situation intact. A simple thing like situational awareness could be the difference between being attacked or not.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Grab their ears and try to rip them off. He will reach up to stop you from ripping his ears off. When he does that gouge the eyes out.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Improvise. That's all you have at that point.

On another note...it sure looked like I saw a lot of uniform types (not cops) doing d1ck and getting scarce when this thing was revving up. :sad20:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads