What are your plans for your WMD BCG and BHW barrel?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    I saw a decent number of people ordering BCG's and barrels from Justin's group buy. I have an idea of what I want to do with them. What other parts are you all planning for your build. I also have the LRB upper and lower from the other group buy. At this rate I might be able to build a full AR just from Justin and his group buys. :innocent0

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I am upgrading my DD M4 and using the quality DD parts for a 2nd build..... or I will end up screwing it all up and throwing all my original parts back on the DD and just building a complete frankengun.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The BCG and Barrel are going on my LRB build right now all its missing is the barrel, BCG, FA, FF hand guard, muzzle device and sights to shoot.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I have 2 complete ARs (and will have 3/4 of one complete by Friday) but only have one BCM BCG between all of them. The WMD one will go in my SBR as I had planned to put a ST one in there before, and move the BCG one I currently have back to my .300-221... then acquire more BCM BCGs for other rifles. IMO the BCM is the best bang for the buck. I've run it 1600 rounds (650-700 of those suppressed) so far with only Slip2000 EWL, no cleaning and it works.

I plan on torture testing the WMD one as well. I hear they're supposed to run dry. If the instructions say that, I'll wipe it down (maybe even degrease it) and give it a run. My conscience tells me to just put a drop of EWL on the cam pin, and spread a drop over the rest of the outer bearing surfaces.... and I know I should be good to go but I'd like to push the marketing hype of NiB.

retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    I have a franken-ar with a DPMS chrome bolt that will be swapped out. Another AR with a a complete delton upper will get one as well.

I will prolly sell the delton bcg and keep the chrome one for spares.

thequietman

- - - - -
    Nov 26, 2011
    Harford County
    I didn't order the barrel, but the BCG will sit next to my LRB lower. Then I'll have two parts and feel like I'm getting closer to having a gun. :D

I think I will probably end up getting a mid-length complete upper, most likely 16". Unfortunately I probably won't do much until later this year (only so much of my paycheck can be used without going through committee for approval :innocent0). If tss1004 keeps creating new group buys I can't pass up though, it might happen faster...

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Quiet i'm right there with you. I still have a Spikes lower that i got from a group buy way back. I saw the BCG deal so decided it was time to start putting parts together. What i'm going to do is still up in the air past the BCG and hammer. My first lower i built into a 16" (with WOA mid-length) and i'm trying to decide if i'm going longer with this one. No i can't do the short barrel option right now.

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    The BCG is going in my billet set, and I am helping a friend build a rifle starting with the BHW barrel, spikes lower and the wmd BCG. I think by the time we are done with it, he will have a pretty nice budget built stick. Just waiting for joebob to release the LPK.

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    Here's basically what I want. It's my first AR. Want to keep it simple and clean.

Attachments

• myweapon (3).jpg
      myweapon (3).jpg
      26.9 KB · Views: 173

Kizmit99

May 18, 2011
    Howard Co
    I'm thinking about an A2 style carbine with a slidefire stock. But the uppers I bought from the group buy earlier in the year were A3 (flat top) style. I'm not 'feeling' the detachable carry handle, so I'm probably gonna have to get a different upper for it...

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I plan on lugging the big bastard of a box in the house and guarding it with my life so that I may meet with you fine folks and pass out the AR goodness.

Oh, nevermind. Most of you got them shipped :D

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I plan on lugging the big bastard of a box in the house and guarding it with my life so that I may meet with you fine folks and pass out the AR goodness.

I will gladly meet you at the usual place as the scenery is good and the company is great :thumbsup:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

Even though I paid for shipping I would gladly meet you at a place and buy you a libation.

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I got the BCG, lowers and uppers from Justin. I didn't get the barrel since my next build will be a 300 blackout.

BigW

Tactical Geek
    Mar 19, 2012
    Bowie, MD
    I got the same. Upper, lower, & bcg from Justin. I had already ordered a BCM 14.5 midlenght barrel by the time the barrel group buy was started, otherwise that would've been another "Justin-provided" part.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    I'm getting the barrel and BCG from Justin. Had a spare lower receiver from Spikes with PSA LPK, it was sitting in my safe for almost a year. Went to York yesterday to buy the missing parts. Got stripped upper from DSA, access door panel with engraved Spikes spider. Also got YHM lightweight rails carbine length, gas block from Troy, YHM phantom muzzle device and all other parts needed to finish the assembly. Found that I'm missing the only part - the end cap.

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD

I'm looking for a part time security gig to help pay for my firearms. :innocent0

Hey Justin, any other group buys on the horizon? :D Maybe for triggers or LPKs or any sights? Thank you for all your work on this and the other group buys.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I'm looking for a part time security gig to help pay for my firearms. :innocent0

Hey Justin, any other group buys on the horizon? :D Maybe for triggers or LPKs or any sights? Thank you for all your work on this and the other group buys.

Yes. I'm working on triggers (AR and other rifles/Read: Timney)

As well as a seekins lower buy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom