What are you doing to ensure your guns aren't used in a crime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Mine is on my hip. It's going to be hard to take my gun when it's on my hip.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Mine is on my hip. It's going to be hard to take my gun when it's on my hip.

And that is a great reason to allow carry, as it's right there, not in a car, or somewhere else out of your control. The absolute best place to keep a firearm, is right where you need it. Not "somewhere else".

I hope that right comes to MD. I'm very thankful that I have it in PA.

The rest of mine are behind locks. For anyone else to access them, a crime has already been committed.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Just throwing this out there, not advocating: chips in the guns? I realize there could be a lot to the discussion of how to use such chips.

It's a thought. Is the technology there to make this 100% reliable? I am all in favor of my guns NOT being used in a crime. I do, however, want them to work when I need to defend myself.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I'm sure that the mother didn't want her son to use her guns in this manner, however since he killed her and took her car and guns she didn't have much to say about it. It is a hard line to walk, but how many people who lock up their guns have one or more family members who can access them in a an emergency?

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    The wife and I are the only ones who live here. Most of my guns are locked in the safe. I do have a handful of guns that are located stratigically throughout the house for the protection of my wife and I. We have an alarm system. I feel confident that my guns will remain under my control.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    How about treatment for psych disorders? I am a father myself but I would do a disservice to my son if I see something that really concerns me and never took him to get treated.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mine are in a big, heavy Liberty safe, and have been stored that way for many years. The Liberty dealer in Frederick has one of these safes on display on his showroom that thieves in a rural area had access to literally for days while the homeowners were away. This safe was drilled, torched, and hammered to death, but the thieves never gained access. This save will prevent 99.99% of the vermin from gaining access outside of an unscrupulous locksmith...

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Mine are in a big, heavy Liberty safe, and have been stored that way for many years. The Liberty dealer in Frederick has one of these safes on display on his showroom that thieves in a rural area had access to literally for days while the homeowners were away. This safe was drilled, torched, and hammered to death, but the thieves never gained access. This save will prevent 99.99% of the vermin from gaining access outside of an unscrupulous locksmith...

A few pounds of powder in zip lock bags(to keep it away from the kids of course or as a dessicant of course)inside would do wonders if cut, ground or torched.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    My guns are in a thin sheet metal stack-on safe i could break into with a 1/4" drill and tin snips. It keeps my 2 year old nephew out because he isn't old enough to be taught gun safety yet, his brain is too curious and imprudent at this time. Locking up my guns in a 5/8" plate steel safe won't make a shit bit of difference in gun crimes. Just means the crazy bastard who wants to commit a gun crime would have to look elsewhere. Pissed off people with a vendetta against society and an unstable mindset will contnue to kill people... with or without my guns.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I secure my cars, motorcycles, equipment, tools, guns,and most anything else that I own that is valuable to me, or that could be dangerous to children at home or out around town. I use locks, safes, alarms, motion lights, cameras, planning and carry concealed to achieve that security. Without the car he stole from his mom, he wouldn't have been able to make it to the school and murder kids either, why not ask who has a car alarm or keeps their keys away from their kid?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    If someone tries drilling into my gun safe, I sure hope they don't drill into one of the cans of black powder I store in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom