What Are Rifles You Don't Need But Want?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I never saw a Thompson.
    One Sten IIRC.
    A lot of Lugers & P-38s & the odd little .32s they seemed to like for German police & military.
    One MP 38/40 dismantled in the guys fishing kit I recall.
    Oh, & a lilliput!
    Oddball .21 (thats not a typo) rimfire in a "deep cover" inside the thigh "crotch holster"!
    WTF?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville

BMFIN​

“Most of the "unrecorded firearms" in the U.K. are " Something my old man brought back from the war", or some kind of Black powder "antique from Oliver Cromwell's time"
    I was photographing the turn ins during an amnesty for evidence (probably the 15th or 16 th) & odd stuff keeps turning up.
    My favorite was "the Little Old Lady" dragging a Boys anti-tank rifle up the steps by the muzzle device! Yes it was loaded & there was "one up the spout"!

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    What thread is BMFIN replying to? What does any of either of those two posts have to do with rifles you don’t need but still want?

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    I'll bet there were some gems in the UK and Australian firearms amnesty turn ins. Literally a crying shame.

I'll bet there are still Stens, and who knows what else, stashed away in places in France.

As for me:
    1918 BAR. River City in Sacramento CA had 5 Ohio Ord. SA BAR's on the rack at one point. IIRC they were several K per, maybe more, I don't recall exactly. Heavy and CA neutered with muzzle device removed, 10 round mag. Thought about it over time and then when I returned not one remained.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Totally impractical, but if I had the $$ and the land I’d like a Barrett .50 cal.

Yes, I know the semis are banned in md.
    With the way Boston Dynamics is going, we may all need a 50 BMG somewhere in our collection to fend off the robot uprising...

bosdynterm.JPG

Last edited:

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Not a rifle, maybe a Benelli M4 Shotgun. I can afford to buy it but, don't have a need to since my Turknelli is doing so well. Besides I don't really see myself doing anything with it much less putting a few rounds through.

03A3Hunter

Jan 9, 2023
    Olney
    Revitalizing a slightly older thread, seeing as I already have my Marlin 336 LA in .30-30 and my Springfield 03A3 in .30-06 as well as two older Remington 1100 SAs, one in 20 and one in 12, though both on the 12 ga frame....I am on the hunt for a little pew-pew rifle, like maybe a Remington 512 Sportmaster like my father used to have, something ala 1940s/early 1950s...and...if money was no object, I'll take an FN M249S, since that was my duty weapon in the Army (M249 SAW) and I was damn good with it. :party29:

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Revitalizing a slightly older thread, seeing as I already have my Marlin 336 LA in .30-30 and my Springfield 03A3 in .30-06 as well as two older Remington 1100 SAs, one in 20 and one in 12, though both on the 12 ga frame....I am on the hunt for a little pew-pew rifle, like maybe a Remington 512 Sportmaster like my father used to have, something ala 1940s/early 1950s...and...if money was no object, I'll take an FN M249S, since that was my duty weapon in the Army (M249 SAW) and I was damn good with it. :party29:

If looking for an heirloom .22, look to early Winchester’s. Gallery guns are fantastic little things. Rolling Block .22’s are a treat as well as fun projects. Hell, Ballards and Steven’s Favorite’s are to be considered as well. Pre-War and early post War Winnie Bolt Guns are wonderful pieces that typically shoot darn near any ammo really well. These days our favorite .22’s under-go a regimen of ammo trials before we find the right “prescription”. YMMV!!

- Brent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    The Ruger 77 in 357 that I may buy today if it is still on the consignment rack at a place near where Im working . Want but don't need.

mikeasu

Feb 5, 2022
    Picking up a GSG-16 today - should be a fun little plinker. Don't need it, but the kids and I will enjoy it. Had the earlier GSG (5 I think) on my wish list when I was shooting more ~15 years ago. Next up, probably an AR-15 build (my first, also from the old wish list...).

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This Windham Weaponry 7.62x39 would be fun:

R16M4LHRFT-762.jpg

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    And after I retire out of state, this Windham Weaponry fixed carry handle.

ar15a1.jpg

Sirex