• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    to sight in the old smokepole,yes last minute I know,and at the 100yd burm I saw the reminants of a propane tank,2 6in diameter 1/4in steel plate,and a riddled soccer ball,come on guys what has a poor soccer ball ever done?All went well until some dude come around the back of the 100yd burm the same time a fellar a couple benches down cut loose on a target on the same burm :eek:.kinda hair raisin for a minute.the range was cold but I don't think the shooter was payin attention and tailend charlie was the only guy,out of about 30 there,shooting at the 300yd burm.After some whoopin and yellin and apologizing things got back to normal.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    geez......yeah, when its only a few people and we are all just calling our own ceasefires, i try to do a headcount....since I'M often the one returning from a 300 target stand!!!!

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    It gets kind of stressfull during the group shoots with 30 to 40 people all trying to get targets changed and back to the line. And with hearing protection on, it makes it even harder to communicate with everybody.

But we always have a good group of people who cooperate. :thumbsup:

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    to sight in the old smokepole,yes last minute I know,and at the 100yd burm I saw the reminants of a propane tank,2 6in diameter 1/4in steel plate,and a riddled soccer ball,come on guys what has a poor soccer ball ever done?All went well until some dude come around the back of the 100yd burm the same time a fellar a couple benches down cut loose on a target on the same burm :eek:.kinda hair raisin for a minute.the range was cold but I don't think the shooter was payin attention and tailend charlie was the only guy,out of about 30 there,shooting at the 300yd burm.After some whoopin and yellin and apologizing things got back to normal.

It's hard with shooters you don't know at any range, but at Delmarva it's up to the shooters to police this. I make sure the handgun side is also cold
    when I go down range.
    no one should have a problem with "open bolt."

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Not to take any blame away from the shooter, but if you're visiting the 300 yard berm during the cease fires, you need to be
    #1 using the golf cart if available
    #2 travelling along the extreme right (looking downrange) so that you aren't hidden behind the 100 or 200 berm.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    This is why you should always carry a pair of clean shorts with you to the range.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    yeah rob, thats why i try to use the cart, but when its not available/usable i walk it down the tapeline at the right, and try to keep at least one or two people on the line in sight, so that they can see me down there and (hopefully) dont let off any rounds in my direction

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    How difficult would it be to get some sort of stoplight device set out about 25 yrds or so from the firing line? Have a switch back at the lanes to make the line hot on Green and cold on Red.
    I dunno if it would be feasable or not, just an idea.

Andy

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    How difficult would it be to get some sort of stoplight device set out about 25 yrds or so from the firing line? Have a switch back at the lanes to make the line hot on Green and cold on Red.

Andy

They do this at the range I belong to, we have a red light that flashes when someone goes down range and when all have returned we call the range hot and turn the light off. I also will not go down range if I see any weapon not in the "open bolt" configuration or if I see anybody messing with there weapon while I am headed down range. Thats how "accidents " happen.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

Andy

We usually try to have at least 3 sets of eyes on the line and range during a ceasefire. I also always have someone watch my back while I do a visual walk down range before resuming live fire.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD

Andy
    (Fail safe feature.) :thumbsup:

Use a green light on. only!

No Green = No shoot :)

Power failure (or other light problem) = No Green light on. = No shoot. :D

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    The Delmarva range is awesome. I go there every chance I get. It sucks because it so far from my house (about 1 hr and 45 min). All the other ranges I have been to have WAY to many restrictions. Delmarve is also the only place I can shoot my Ruger AC556 (that I know of). I was up there last week and a guy was shooting a Barret .50 semi-auto!! It was the loudest gun I have ever heard.:eek: I wish the guy would have let me shoot it. :( For targets I fogot to get the pumpkins to shoot at on the way up last week. So we used the infamous soccer ball and a refrigerant can. Oh-yeah and the free paper targets. I saw the range fee is going up to $15. No big deal to me. It's the best range in MD that I know of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom