• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Unknown User

Oct 19, 2014
    Maryland
    OP is probably an armed security guard or something along those lines. He's applying based on his work and apparently is being sponsored ( I don't know a lot about this) ? Just seems kind of odd that you say 'work purposes' in one thread then come here and say you put 'personal protection'.

'work purposes'

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3684529&postcount=54

sponsored through work

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3686171&postcount=59

sums it all up...you will probably get it with work restrictions

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3659602&postcount=1

MD armed guard and DC special police....

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3551372&postcount=11

Yes you are correct....I do have an application in for work I also sent another one in and used personal protection as my reason along with 4 other of my buddies just to see what would go through first...

Unknown User

Oct 19, 2014
    Maryland
    Nice...Keep me posted. Don't use chrome that much, but could be convinced to use it for that purpose.

Guys don't be putting me in that pile with the other bad apples...I'm legit, just not as educated on this topic like the rest of you. I'm pretty sure all of you had a low post count at some point as a member on here so don't be so quick to cast judgment..

and for the record I have two applications in with the state I originally sent the first one in because it's work related that one is processing.. when I heard that DC was issuing permits me and a few of my buddies decided to test the waters in md......long story short my application with personal protection processed faster than the one for work......

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Guys don't be putting me in that pile with the other bad apples...I'm legit, just not as educated on this topic like the rest of you. I'm pretty sure all of you had a low post count at some point as a member on here so don't be so quick to cast judgment..

and for the record I have two applications in with the state I originally sent the first one in because it's work related that one is processing.. when I heard that DC was issuing permits me and a few of my buddies decided to test the waters in md......long story short my application with personal protection processed faster than the one for work......

So are you trying to get two permits? What is the difference between a face to face and informal review? I had my face to face and no additional in person meetings with anyone. I hope you get a permit for whatever reason you are looking. What does DC have to do with MD?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    So are you trying to get two permits? What is the difference between a face to face and informal review? I had my face to face and no additional in person meetings with anyone. I hope you get a permit for whatever reason you are looking. What does DC have to do with MD?

I guess he figured, crap, if DC (of all places) is issuing permits then why the hell can't MD?!?!?!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    If it is any consolation, I think my wife has a real good chance getting a Utah permit after the required class and prints. Crossing my fingers :innocent0

Cool. Good luck to her. I like the Utah permit in part because they do such a thorough background check, the training is very reasonable and it's all very affordable. The card itself looks like a drivers license, many folks use it as alternative ID. I recommend it to anyone interested in carrying.

Ok, but I do wish you had picked a user name. Can still do it.

It will be interesting to see how you and your friends 'self defense' only applications go. I think the investigating troopers will take your line of work and other factors into consideration. I know of a group that applied together (years ago), they all listed the same justification and all were approved.

Good luck to you and welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom