• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Went by Lou's tables at Upper Marlboro today and could not resist this little bargin he had for sale. It did not come with the scope. I put that on afterwards.

100_9026 (2).jpg

Not only did he have a few more of these at great prices but his handguns were so good, people were lining up to do the paperwork. All in all I think I did alright by Shooter's Discount.

Thanks Lou! :thumbsup:

Luke 12:49

A Good Ole Boy
    Feb 18, 2009
    Culvert County
    No that's just the flash...I got the scope for him while he was waiting to fill out his paperwork...

Meanwhile, I was drooling over a Winchester .300...still got it Lou?

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    One would have too ask, what caught your fancy?

I'm old enough to remember when Mini 14's were first introduced. Way before ARs. I always wanted one but have put off getting one for my collection due to other "good deals" that came by. I firmly believe that they are just as good or better than the standard AR. Hopefully this one won't prove me wrong.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Congrats on the new purchase

I'm old enough to remember when Mini 14's were first introduced. Way before ARs. I always wanted one but have put off getting one for my collection due to other "good deals" that came by. I firmly believe that they are just as good or better than the standard AR. Hopefully this one won't prove me wrong.

can't wait for that discussion to take off ...

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Went by Lou's tables at Upper Marlboro today and could not resist this little bargin he had for sale. It did not come with the scope. I put that on afterwards.

View attachment 52936

Not only did he have a few more of these at great prices but his handguns were so good, people were lining up to do the paperwork. All in all I think I did alright by Shooter's Discount.

I saw that Mini-14! I have the low rail that connects to the scope mounts if you want it - the way the scope is mounted, it may be a bit high - I can mail it to you. PM me if you are interested. It is yours free of charge if you want it.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    It's basically an M1 carbine re-chambered in a rifle round (look at the gas system). It has all the same strengths and and some of the same weaknesses, but with the major bonus of a more powerful cartridge.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

View attachment 52936

Glad you like it.:D

No that's just the flash...I got the scope for him while he was waiting to fill out his paperwork...

Meanwhile, I was drooling over a Winchester .300...still got it Lou?

Saw it there just before I left today. Really couldn't believe it's still there at that price.

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    What time were you guys there? I thought I saw Adam but I wasn't sure.
    Lou I stopped by there when I saw the flag, and would have said hi but you had about a million people in line so I figured I'd come back to you, but never got around to it.
    To the guy that I did talk to there, I am really sorry but I can't remember your name off the top of my head! :(

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Lou I stopped by there when I saw the flag, and would have said hi but you had about a million people in line so I figured I'd come back to you, but never got around to it.
    To the guy that I did talk to there, I am really sorry but I can't remember your name off the top of my head! :(

If you would have come back around, I would have been still writin'; busy day.

BTW, the skinny one is lee2.
    The fat one is Paulie.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county

Good meeting you today! Saw you by georgia arms while I was in the NICS line at Lou's table. He was doing gangbusters business!

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Good meeting you today! Saw you by georgia arms while I was in the NICS line at Lou's table. He was doing gangbusters business!

Were you getting the blued S&W revolver?(sorry, forgot what model it was) If so, I was standing at the other end of the table filling out my paperwork.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Were you getting the blued S&W revolver?(sorry, forgot what model it was) If so, I was standing at the other end of the table filling out my paperwork.

Nope, black stainless 1911 :D check one more off my list of "if you could only have ten...."

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    If you would have come back around, I would have been still writin'; busy day.

BTW, the skinny one is lee2.
    The fat one is Paulie.
    Oh well, I'll probably see you somewhere along the line where you're not as busy.
    Haha well then it was Lee2 that I spoke to, good to meet/talk to him.

Good to meet you too! I was glad to run into so many MDS folks there. I only saw a couple at Chantilly. Always nice to see ya'll in person :thumbsup:

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Oh well, I'll probably see you somewhere along the line where you're not as busy.
    Haha well then it was Lee2 that I spoke to, good to meet/talk to him.

Good to meet you too! I was glad to run into so many MDS folks there. I only saw a couple at Chantilly. Always nice to see ya'll in person :thumbsup:

also nice to tak to you.
    yea i think Lou had a cramp in his hand from writing (this time).:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom