• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    If we can't buy shotguns anymore how would we hunt? Never mind that I don't need a justification to exercise my 2nd amendment rights. Since the country is not supportive of an outright banning of firearms, anti gunners have to stick to allowing firearms for hunting. The irony is that most of them can't tell the difference between hunting shotguns vs non-hunting shotguns.

Sure you can. Everyone knows that you can't hunt with a pistol grip on a shotgun. It scares the deer away because they know you're up to no good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    How the he!! Does anyone bring an AR/AK into this issue? From what I heard the gun used was a Mossberg 500 with a pistol grip. How can this idiot presume that the bad guy would have preferred an AR/AK? We still don 't even know why he did it.

Because they first reported that an AR was used at the Navy Yard. Maybe Vinny doesn't know the difference between a "K" and an "R".

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Because they first reported that an AR was used at the Navy Yard. Maybe Vinny doesn't know the difference between a "K" and an "R".

Good point. Navy yard - shotgun. Columbia mall - shotgun.

Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Oh, I am personally well aware of that fact but it appears our young hero in question used a shotgun at the mall. I see now that your point was that he could have owned a shotgun OR an HBAR legally. Good thing he didn't 'cause then we'd have chicken little a$$holes screaming about closing loopholes again.

I think we should close the un-armed victim loophole.;)

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    llkoolkeg, an HBAR is an AR15 (non regulated) and is legal for a non prohibited person to buy starting at the age of 18.

Oh, I know very much what they are and if I could only manage to keep my wife and daughters out of urgent care for an extended period of time, I would already have darkened your door for one of those 6721s. I had planned on putting some of my b-day fundage from the 18th towards one...then my wife got pneumonia and nary a week later, my youngest got a concussion. :sad20:

I think we should close the un-armed victim loophole.;)

Here-here! Who'da thought you need a CCW to defend your life working in a freakin' foot locker or whatever that skate shop was!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You got that wrong. Like you, I almost always quote the post I am responding to. So, you need to pay attention to what I am quoting and take in that context and not in a broad reply to the OP. When I am posting a general reply to the entire thread, I quote nobody.

I still read it the way I read it. Things don't always come through very well on the internet. Again, apologies for the misunderstanding.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    All that matters is if my wife and I have a CCW. The other sheeple would be on their own. I have been on the fence about a CCW, but after this BS I am seriously leaning toward attempting to get it. If somebody prefers not to carry and is the victim of one of these lunatics, such is life. Kind of like somebody electing to stand under a tree during a thunderstorm to get out of the rain.

There would be ZERO probability involved. My wife and I would be able to carry and defend ourselves. Plain and simple.

Just make sure you and your wife are well dressed while carrying your CCWs.

It's easier to look down on the rest of the sheeple when your dressed in your best.

How is it that I'm not at all surprised by this post?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Just make sure you and your wife are well dressed while carrying your CCWs.

It's easier to look down on the rest of the sheeple when your dressed in your best.

How is it that I'm not at all surprised by this post?

How about we Cut him a break... I take him at his word when he says we was only pointing out that he thinks ccwers should be primarily for self protection ...

Easy enough to be misunderstood ..

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Cite the written restriction that supports your statement please.

You and I both know that there are no written restrictions. If they wanted you to stop at the mall, they would give you an unrestricted permit. Call the licensing division.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    You and I both know that there are no written restrictions. If they wanted you to stop at the mall, they would give you an unrestricted permit. Call the licensing division.

Unless he has to buy something at the mall for the company. Perhaps check out the I store for a new ipad, or the cell phone store to pick up new accessories for a company cell phone?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Unless he has to buy something at the mall for the company. Perhaps check out the I store for a new ipad, or the cell phone store to pick up new accessories for a company cell phone?

That is certainly possible. MD is funny about all of this, and getting much worse. A problem isn't likely, but would it surprise you to hear that MD is prosecuting someone for carrying outside the restrictions on their permit?

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    That is certainly possible. MD is funny about all of this, and getting much worse. A problem isn't likely, but would it surprise you to hear that MD is prosecuting someone for carrying outside the restrictions on their permit?

Nope, like they say: Anyone can sue anyone about anything. It is turning out gun owners can go to jail for anything.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Nope, like they say: Anyone can sue anyone about anything. It is turning out gun owners can go to jail for anything.

Unfortunately, the State has an endless supply of OPM. Personally, I would prefer to avoid spending $10's of thousands on a legal defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom