• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Hello,

I tried searching the Wear and carry thread with 4,000 plus responses…

I have a wear and carry permit with restrictions. I saw on MSI Facebook page that I can fill out a form on MSP licensing page and pay $10 to get a new permit with no restrictions.

On my licensing portal all I am seeing is my original application. Can someone help me find the form in which I need to fill out?

Thank you!

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland State police put out a memo, ALL restrictions on permits are null and void, nothing further to do. Carry on

NOBODY

4Prosales

" Who's YOUR Daddy NOW "
    Nov 3, 2009
    QUESTION
    CCW VS WCHP are these 2 different permits ...MD is So Fn confusing ?? My instructor said you MUST CONCEAL AND NOT EXPOSED OR PRINTING YOUR FIREARMS with your CCW you can be arrested ?? Then I read WCHP carry in a holster non concealed open carry like there the same...Wtf

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I’m used to calling it CCW because that’s what I grew up with, but you can open or concealed carry in Maryland if you have your permit. They only issue a wear and carry permit.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    QUESTION
    CCW VS WCHP are these 2 different permits ...MD is So Fn confusing ?? My instructor said you MUST CONCEAL AND NOT EXPOSED OR PRINTING YOUR FIREARMS with your CCW you can be arrested ?? Then I read WCHP carry in a holster non concealed open carry like there the same...Wtf
    Let me guess... Worth a Shot...?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    QUESTION

Maryland has one permit, an HGP (HandGun Permit) that allows 'wear & carry' beyond the legal exclusions of handgun transport.

Technically, open carry is legal and printing is legally a non-issue, causing a disturbance with your firearm can be a problem.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Maryland has one permit, an HGP (HandGun Permit) that allows 'wear & carry' beyond the legal exclusions of handgun transport.

Technically, open carry is legal and printing is legally a non-issue, causing a disturbance with your firearm can be a problem.
    Since it's not specifically stated, thought we always went with... Open Carry is not illegal? :)

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    QUESTION
    It's a wear and carry permit, and your instructor is an idiot.

You can open or concealed carry with it.

ICW2019

Mar 8, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Definitely can carry either way. I'd caution depending what part of the state you are in and the kind of trouble open carry can invite though. This isn't to deter you just be aware.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Let me guess... Worth a Shot...?
    QUESTION
    LOL. Tell us you did your training at Worth a Shit without telling us you did your training at Worth a Shit.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    QUESTION
    Your instructor was incorrect .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    PSA :

While not the Law , it may well be * wise* to be discrete in most of urban/ suburban Maryland .

In the past , W&C Permits have been Administratively Revoked for " Causing Unnecessary Alarm to the Public " . Post Bruen , and using T, H, and T , that would make for Interesting Litigation . But it's generally not fun or inexpensive to be a Test Case , unless you do it deliberately , with legal team already in position .

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Also food for thought. I'm pretty sure ALL the CCWSAFE, USCCA, etc... insurance companies won't cover you if you were carrying illegally and was in a shooting. CCWSAFE won't.
    Now I don't know about you, I certainly don't need to be a test case when I may be going down on a possible murder charge.
    That whole grey area of open carry surely would be a sticky wicket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom