• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • River Hill

Dec 15, 2012
    Maryland
    My Wear and Carry HGP was approved today 7/11/22. I applied late May, so the process was pretty quick.

I have been approved as a business owner with no restrictions. Should I leave it this way or should I request a change to personal defense? Any reason for or against? My thought is leave it as business for now, if they start playing games after elections.

If I decide to change to personal defense how to do go about the process? I have 10 days for an informal review, but doubt I would go through that process, as the permit is what I requested.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I write all my W&C expenses off including insurance coverage. If the state is going to label my permit as business, then I'm taking advantage of the tax write off.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    My Wear and Carry HGP was approved today 7/11/22. I applied late May, so the process was pretty quick.

I have been approved as a business owner with no restrictions. Should I leave it this way or should I request a change to personal defense? Any reason for or against? My thought is leave it as business for now, if they start playing games after elections.

If I decide to change to personal defense how to do go about the process? I have 10 days for an informal review, but doubt I would go through that process, as the permit is what I requested.
    You don't have any restrictions on your permit, so what do you want to remove?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Post Bruen your reason no longer matters unless you are security which is a more stringent test. Your permit has no restriction on it, there is nothing to modify on your permit.

River Hill

Dec 15, 2012
    Maryland
    Thanks for the information. If I decided to sell the business next year, I guess I would need to modify for personal defense, as it is tied to the business. Just a little confusing as the paperwork shows check boxes of business owner and personal defense.

kennyd

The "HOOK" guy
    Jul 28, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    Your WC card makes no mention of the business, or the reason for having it. As stated above, there is nothing for you to modify or change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom