Washington Sports Teams Supporting Gun Ban group.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I just got wind of this and I am more than a little miffed. This includes the Washington Nationals, Capitals, Commanders, Mystics, Spirit, Wizards and D.C. Shadow. I was already boycotting the NFL and MLB (baseball is actually a great game IMHO), but I'm going to miss watching the Capitals.

Eight D.C. professional sports teams Friday announced an $85,000 donation to Bloomberg's gun ban group

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I’m supporting a professional sports team ban. They serve no useful purpose. Purely entertainment which sucks up money from the fans and pays a bunch of high ego entitled folks FAR more than they’re worth. Then they use that money to tell their fans how to live their lives and who they should or should not like.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    It appears to encompass multiple sports organizations nationally. The Tampa Rays for example, made a 50k donation to Everytown as well. There appears to have been a coordinated campaign between Everytown and Mom's Demand Action, with both organizations receiving donations from major sports teams.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    It's funny that Everytown has about 250k followers on Twitter, but their posts get no engagement and are ratioed by ONLY 50 comments that are always against the Tweet.

If Everytown was a building, it would have a nice store front with a hollowed out warehouse. Maybe a couple people in the back stuffing money into bags or something.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    I just got wind of this and I am more than a little miffed. This includes the Washington Nationals, Capitals, Commanders, Mystics, Spirit, Wizards and D.C. Shadow. I was already boycotting the NFL and MLB (baseball is actually a great game IMHO), but I'm going to miss watching the Capitals.
    Yeah, I’m going to miss the Capitals, what little I saw of them in the area blackouts. fred55

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    The media conveniently forgets what The Gun Trace Task Force actually came out of the anti-crime research initiatives that Bloomberg funded and ran out of Hopkins. It is crap sociology too. That and his AnyTown USA.

So yeah, just go give money and support to the guy that caused massive civil rights violations.

Funny thing is in "We Own This City" they talk crap about Trump but never address the politicians that started the GTTF.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Sports leagues are set up and run by the elite. They love their power.

Some are backed by china....

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Freedom loving Americans have to start circling the wagons. Our enemies are numerous.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Freedom loving Americans have to start circling the wagons. Our enemies are numerous.
    Circling a wagon is hard work and takes time,,, Most folks don't have the time, They are to busy funding groups/businesses that are working to disarm the American citizenry

Patattack88

Jan 9, 2020
    Westminster
    No surprise to me, since the whole BLM movement, all sports team gone woke, tyrannical and communists. So haven’t payed no attention to them what so ever.

Patattack88

Jan 9, 2020
    Westminster
    It's funny that Everytown has about 250k followers on Twitter, but their posts get no engagement and are ratioed by ONLY 50 comments that are always against the Tweet.

If Everytown was a building, it would have a nice store front with a hollowed out warehouse. Maybe a couple people in the back stuffing money into bags or something.
    Social media comments, likes and dislikes have shown how much people approve or disapprove of current groups or policy. As a piece of evidence to prove this, the removal of the dislikes counts on youtube and the removal of comments on the White House youtube page.

I know a similar post/comment was made elsewhere about the Orioles doing the MOM's Everytown BS at Camden Yards today.

I could not find it earlier today, but I did see it live at the stadium.

Someone posted info on who to contact to voice our disgust. If anyone can post the link to where I saw it earlier, I would appreciate it.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited:

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I know a similar post/comment was made elsewhere about the Orioles doing the MOM's Everytown BS at Camden Yards today.

I could not find it earlier today, but I did see it live at the stadium.

Someone posted info on who to contact to voice our disgust. If anyone can post the link to where I saw it earlier, I would appreciate it.

Maybe it's just me,, but maybe a way to "Voice your disgust" is to not fund a corporation that part of their business model is shredding the US constitution ?

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    $85K spread over 8 teams is less then $11K per team. Purely symbolic. Popcorn sales for one game. A player probably sneeze more then that out of there nose Sunday morning.

I remember when sport teams supported the NRA in similar fashion.

Phuk them.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    $85K spread over 8 teams is less then $11K per team. Purely symbolic. Popcorn sales for one game. A player probably sneeze more then that out of there nose Sunday morning.

I remember when sport teams supported the NRA in similar fashion.

Phuk them.

No. Not popcorn sales.This campaign is National. 85k in Washington only.

For those interested in the teams and companies flying the gun control banner with the dollars of sports fans and taxpayers both, the Everytown press release.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom