• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    What’s your gun number? Share your gun story

Notice, no mention of CRIMINAL use of guns, but an emotional focus on an inanimate object. Let the hand-wringing begin ... :rolleyes:

As we cover the politics and policy about guns, we are also looking for stories of the personal impact of gun violence. Share your story using the form below.

Attachments

• WaPo Gun Troll.JPG
      WaPo Gun Troll.JPG
      37.4 KB · Views: 270

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Sent this in using my phony gun survey/Bloombat name.

What is your gender?
    m

In what year were you born?

How many people do you know who have been killed or injured by gun violence? *

We know this can be difficult -- and personal. But if you're comfortable, please tell us a little bit about each person: his or her name and age, his or her relationship to you, and what happened to him or her.
    The number is zero, because everyone I know who has been involved in the use of firearms is thoroughly focused on safety and proper storage/handling of them.

How did your life change as a result?
    I feel safer, and more secure in the ability to protect myself and my family in our home and in many states across the country, when I am in a circumstance that I might legally carry a firearm.

Did your feeling toward guns change as a result of knowing someone who died from gun violence?
    Not applicable.

If you were in charge, how would you change gun policy in the U.S.?
    National Reciprocity for carry permits, and a requirement that the NICS information include additional criminal and mental health information, to prevent prohibited persons from obtaining firearms.

Is there anything else we should know about this topic?
    Second Amendment advocacy is on the rise across the country, and the insistence of jurisdictions such as DC, MD, NY, CA, etc. to further restrict a Constitutional Right is creating hostile conditions in those areas.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Sent this in using my phony gun survey/Bloombat name.

What is your gender?
    m

In what year were you born?

How many people do you know who have been killed or injured by gun violence? *

We know this can be difficult -- and personal. But if you're comfortable, please tell us a little bit about each person: his or her name and age, his or her relationship to you, and what happened to him or her.
    The number is zero, because everyone I know who has been involved in the use of firearms is thoroughly focused on safety and proper storage/handling of them.

How did your life change as a result?
    I feel safer, and more secure in the ability to protect myself and my family in our home and in many states across the country, when I am in a circumstance that I might legally carry a firearm.

Did your feeling toward guns change as a result of knowing someone who died from gun violence?
    Not applicable.

If you were in charge, how would you change gun policy in the U.S.?
    National Reciprocity for carry permits, and a requirement that the NICS information include additional criminal and mental health information, to prevent prohibited persons from obtaining firearms.

Is there anything else we should know about this topic?
    Second Amendment advocacy is on the rise across the country, and the insistence of jurisdictions such as DC, MD, NY, CA, etc. to further restrict a Constitutional Right is creating hostile conditions in those areas.

Well done! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom