Was there really 4 hours worth of anti gun testimony?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    I was absolutely appalled by the fact they limited the time to 8 hours and to split it 4 hours each both sides.

Maybe I missed the anti gun crowd but it sure didn't look like there were many there. Did the anti's actually fill their 4 hours or did they run out of anti's after 15 minutes?

O'MALLEY'S GOTTA GO! O'MALLEY'S GOTTA GO! O'MALLEY'S GOTTA GO!

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I was listening to the live stream. The ran out of anti's around 6 pm. They did one hour sessions for each side. By 9 pm. Hundreds of 2A supporters were still lined up. They stated that they knew that the line was against SB281. At that point, people were only allowed to state their names and where they are from.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    They did run out of pro-281 testimony; but there was also a lot of preplanned testimony.

Dave21042

Feb 17, 2012
    Ellicott City, MD
    No they did not have enough to take up their 4 hours, Frosh was begging for any in the overflow area's to come up stairs and be heard. If I remember correctly they only had 3 hours or less since they did not use all of the third hour. Those of us who stayed to the end only got to state our names and where we lived and that we opposed the bill.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Nope, no way there was 4 hours worth of folks for this bill.

I only counted a handful of average joe citizen....and most of those were like the lady from Crofton talking about baking quiche for her son's bridge club...totally clueless.

The rest were folks like the city police commisionner and the superintendant of the state police..they serve at the pleasure of someone for the bill so naturally they are for the bill.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo

I only counted a handful of average joe citizen....and most of those were like the lady from Crofton talking about baking quiche for her son's bridge club...totally clueless.

The rest were folks like the city police commisionner and the superintendant of the state police..they serve at the pleasure of someone for the bill so naturally they are for the bill.

Schills paid to testify for the bill, even in the face of overwhelming opposition.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Instead of splitting the time in half, Frosh should have split the time based on signups. If two-thirds signed up against the bills and one-third signed up in support, then dole out the time that way. The pain should be prorated equally. As it stands, all bill supporters got to speak their piece, we got shorted. Maybe someone will bring this up at the house hearings.

ECPDefense

Jun 30, 2010
    Cecil-Tucky
    What all did the chief from Baltimore City say? As I was standing in line and he waiting on the elevator, I overheard him tell the others with him "I guess i really screwed that up".

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    What all did the chief from Baltimore City say? As I was standing in line and he waiting on the elevator, I overheard him tell the others with him "I guess i really screwed that up".
    I do not recall anything overwhelming about his speech other than his impassioned VOLUME and emotional rhetoric.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The lady from Crofton was outside crying when my friend and I left at 6:30pm. She claimed the people in the overflow room were hostile to her.

She should be committed into a mental institution for more than 30 days. I heard her speak and she needs to show proof of training and a license before she allowed to ever speak in public again. Typical tree hugging bleeding heart progressive communist

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County

He was way too passionate about the message to the point of embarrassing himself, ranting about a 3yo that caught a stray bullet in Oakland and such. I think he was also the one that said Boston when he meant Baltimore.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    The lady from Crofton was outside crying when my friend and I left at 6:30pm. She claimed the people in the overflow room were hostile to her.

I wasn't there for that but I find that hard to believe, she probably just had people trying to explain to her how wrong she was and felt overwhelmed and backed into a corner with no way out without looking like a fool.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh

That is how it sounded to me. I can count on one hand the number of proponents I heard that didn't actually work for MD or County Gov is some way.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Frosh intentionally wrapped it up early and was having a tantrum after he was told that there were no more antis.

Nobody in the overflow room was hostile. Exactly the opposite. The lady needs help.

sourbeer

Jul 26, 2012
    montana
    Antis

I sat next to 2 ladies wearing buttons that indicated that they supported the bill. I was friendly as can be, and they ignored my pleasantries to the point of rude. They obviously felt threatened and most likely just because of the shear number of people in opposition to their beliefs. The applause and cheering when somebody testified opposing the bill let them know just how much opposition there was.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Ah yes, emotional anti-gun pleas from an emotionally disturbed individual. They're picking on me ... waaaaaaa.

I really doubt that anyone said boo to her, let alone paid her the time of day, which is probably why she thought they were hostile towards her. Maybe they should have listened to her whining and said "there, there sweetie, we'll change our position just so you don't have a hurt butt".

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Almost all of the people that testified in favor of the bill were on the panels. They are the lackeys of the administration. Many are paid. Interestingly, some of the people on the later panels left before testifying. I guess they work 9-4. The number of citizens for this bill was miniscule compared to our folks. They keep tabs on the number of citizens signing up to testify for and against the bill. We will get that info as soon as it is available. That will be most telling.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD

I was there in the area she was waiting. Nobody was hostile toward her, and if anything it was the other way around. When she got notice they were calling her up to speak she went hysterical, bolted through the room, bumping in to people, dropping things(which pro 2A people picked up and nicely handed to her), while she acted like a complete A$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom