Wanted to get a handgun, still possible?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leviathan

Jun 14, 2012
    I just started to get into firearms and now this bill passes. I wanted to buy my 1st handgun BEFORE I would have to jump through the hoops that O'Malley has tried to put into place. How feasible is that now? Would I be able to find an XDm 40 and get the purchase through before this adds a crapload of extra steps? Was also working on an AR but I already have my lower, does it make sense to put my upper on hold and focus on trying to get my handgun 1st? I know this sounds sounds very novice of me(cuz I am one :D) but just looking for advice from you all with more experience here.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Nothing's taken effect, all the BS starts Oct. 1st, so get your ass to a gun store and get your handgun now. ;)

Make sure you can find a threaded barrel for it too. It'll be an added 'F You' to MD.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Get all the guns and all the ammo you can ASAP. At the current point, it seems likely some of it will be banned, and it seems likely availability will get worse, and prices will get higher before they get better/lower...if they ever do. It took me 3 months to find the H&K mags I wanted. You may find that getting the gun only is difficult, but accessories, hi cap mags, and ammo is worse. And from what I am hearing about ATK, it sounds like Federal and Speer ammo may get stupidly scarce in a very short period. So buy now, buy in large quantities, and buy fast. Given the market, you can likely trade if you wind up getting something you dont need. Even if you dont need 9 or 45 for example, if you get some 9 or .45 at a good price, chances are you can trade it for .40 rather than paying full premium.

Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    I just purcahsed an XDm .40 from christian soldier last week and they still had atleast 1 in there case along with various other models. Just do it all! It's only a swipe away!

Boostd7

Jan 31, 2013
    F*$^# MD, I am waiting for my s&w9 and sig 223 to clear msp. I just did the paper work on my daniel defense m4 yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom