• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    U.S. Springfield Model 1873 Serial # 140345
    This was given to my father about 85 years ago by his Church he attended at that time for Parade Purposes. They had Crates of them according to him. When he passed away some 10 years ago it was left with me. It's been stored for many many year and I should say incorrectly so. I should add there are several missing parts too.
    Springfield1873Trapdoor45-70Pic1.jpg

Yesterday I loaded the Barrel with PB Blaster, tonight I ran the Bore with Remington 40X & JB Bore Cleaners. It was rust on top of rust and still more rust! It"s clean enough to spot some signs of Lands and thats about it! How should I proceed from here? Who is selling correct parts at this time? I would really love to get this Prized Piece to be able to throw some lead !!!!!
    UPDATE:
    I said, "What the hell" today went scrubbing again. Seeing more lands! Also, I Trased the Serial Number http://www.armscollectors.com/srs.htm and here's what I got so far:
    U. S. Springfield Model 1873 # 140345 looks to have been delivered to either Texas A&M or Troop L of the U.S. 7th Calvary. I may have a Custer Rifle here Folks :rockon: :bannana: :clap: My father did say that when it was given to him it had Blood Stains on the Stock!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom