• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wbwanzer

Feb 4, 2008
    York PA. and loving it
    I just picked up a Ruger M77 Mk II. It seems to be well made and solid as a rock. Granted that I haven't shot it yet, but I'm pretty sure that the trigger is breaking at around 5 or 6 lbs. There is no creep. It's very crisp, just heavier that I'm used to. I don't feel comfortable trying to massage the trigger myself. Who would you recommend as an experienced gunsmith that could lighten the M77 trigger for me. ( I live in the Perry Hall area, so looking for someone in the greater Balto. area, preferably east side of town )

Thanks for any help.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I have an M77 MkII in 30-06i acquired as a will not fire firearm. Found out a previous owner had started messing with the sear engagement and overtravel screws. I set the overtravel properly. Set the engagement so it would just hold against a firm tap of the buttstook on the floor, plus a half turn, IIRC. Stock spring and sliding surfaces.

Found out the barrel walked shoots as it heated up. Bedded the action and front 2" of the barrel in the stock, relieved the remainder of the barrel channel to free float the barrel and was rewarded with a submoa shooter using RP 150 and 165 grain CorLokt ammo. For sporter rifle trigger is sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom