• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Target

si vis pacem para bellum
    Jul 9, 2008
    So I wouldn't say I'm new to firearms or anything but there is still a lot for me to learn, that being said I want to undergo a project shotgun. Not sure what I want to use it for but probably just for shooting around, HD and maybe a little slug hunting if possible. I would really like to try my luck with a saga 12 but I don't know what to look for what the "conversion" is all about I really like the look of them. But I am on a tight"er" budget I have money and time but I don't want to spend over 750 to 1k.

Any ideas are welcome and info on the saiga stuff would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Zach

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    get a Remington 870 and go to town with all that cash you have to spend on it. The options are almost endless

Target

si vis pacem para bellum
    Jul 9, 2008
    Ok that was kinda my second option, although I would still like a little info on the saiga. As what shop(s) will carry fun upgrades for the 870 and what places are likely to have the tactical.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Ok that was kinda my second option, although I would still like a little info on the saiga. As what shop(s) will carry fun upgrades for the 870 and what places are likely to have the tactical.

not sure whats up you're area???? most "true" gun shops will carry 870 accessories:party29:

Google Tactical Remington 870 and get some ideas what you want in your Tactical SHotgun????

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    So I wouldn't say I'm new to firearms or anything but there is still a lot for me to learn, that being said I want to undergo a project shotgun. Not sure what I want to use it for but probably just for shooting around, HD and maybe a little slug hunting if possible. I would really like to try my luck with a saga 12 but I don't know what to look for what the "conversion" is all about I really like the look of them. But I am on a tight"er" budget I have money and time but I don't want to spend over 750 to 1k.

Any ideas are welcome and info on the saiga stuff would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Zach

I bought and converted my own, I used some higher dollar parts to get the look I wanted and I spent just about $850 with the price of the gun included.

This is how mine turned out.

Mark

Attachments

• DSCN0969.jpg
      DSCN0969.jpg
      55.1 KB · Views: 218

Target

si vis pacem para bellum
    Jul 9, 2008
    So how much would a saiga 12 cost new? And where could I find one around here (pasadena). And could I shoot it before the conversion? And does it require a 200 federal stamp or anything?

pitjeep

R.I.P.
    Jun 6, 2008
    pittsville
    i have a completly stripped 870 express reciver with mag tube you can have for free.start from scratch.wont ship it you must pick up.as its free i wont travel to deliver.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    If you want to learn about S12's the best resource is Saiga 12 Forums. They have information on conversions, troubleshooting and aftermarket accessories, or just about anything else you can think of.

As far as getting one locally, its a bit of a luck-o-the draw thing. Marlin at PDI usually stocks them, but his website says they are out at the moment. You may also try Mike at Mid County Guns, and Dan at Gun Connection.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    not sure whats up you're area???? most "true" gun shops will carry 870 accessories:party29:

Google Tactical Remington 870 and get some ideas what you want in your Tactical SHotgun????

Not if there regular customers aren't interested in "tactical gear" or shotguns period unless they slug guns for hunting.

Goose Guy

Skooma lord
    Mar 29, 2010
    People's Respublik of Maryland
    So how much would a saiga 12 cost new? And where could I find one around here (pasadena). And could I shoot it before the conversion? And does it require a 200 federal stamp or anything?

If you get a brand new in box saiga, it should be good to go as it is. The conversion looks to be a personal preferance issue, unless you mean full auto, which just ain't happening unless you're a dealer.

The $200 tax stamp is only if you plan on shortening the barrel to be NFA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom