• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Ditto. For a bolt gun either Remington, Savage or Howa (Weatherby Vanguard). The most accurate .308 AR I have ever shot is the LWRC Reaper, but they were $$$. But I would take one of the 3 bolt guns for long range work before an AR. Also all three bolt gun makers tactical/varmint rifles can be equipped with up to 10 rd detachable mags.

Then there is the Mossberg MVP in 308 if you can find it...

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=27738&mfg=Mossberg&mdlno=MVP+Patrol

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    My personal preference for a rifle is Remington 700 or Savage. The reason is, they are well supported in the aftermarket. If you want to go wilder later, more options.

I do like Ruger rifles, but for the bolt action rifles, there is limited support.

I am not really worried about the limited support. As stated I just want something to inexpensive to hold me over till my AR10 purchase and give me the ability to practice long distance shooting beyond my AR15s capabilities. At the end of the day I an just gonna put an inexpensive scope and bipod of the riffle and be done. I think the Ruger will fit my needs, I just need to determine if the 18 or 22 inch will be better.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    He misspelled it. He meant Ruffles.

ruffles-original.gif

Now it makes sense. Walmart has about half an aisle of Ruffles, in many different varieties. I have a hard time choosing myself.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I spent years trying to justify the money for an AR10. Then I found a Remington 7400 30-06 at Wal Mart for $350. A few accessories and modifications and a few home made parts and Viola. All for under $1000.

Attachments

• Rem MG.jpg
      Rem MG.jpg
      145.4 KB · Views: 185
    • Rem rear sight.jpg
      Rem rear sight.jpg
      60.5 KB · Views: 174
    • Rem front sight.jpg
      Rem front sight.jpg
      48.5 KB · Views: 179
    • rem 100yd group.jpg
      rem 100yd group.jpg