• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poorboy

Sep 25, 2009
    .im not saying wal mart is a gunsmith, so please dont assume that i am. what i am saying is. after repeatedly trying to contact mossberg, and that was a joke! i tried getting help from walmart and that was a bigger joke. they were more than happy to take my cash though. i do know if i had bought it from a gun shop there may have problems with the gun but at least i would have a individual to take it back to. or some one to atleast look it over, instead of being put on hold for a hour or two or three. but i have learned from my mistakes, i am not telling any one where to spend thier money. im just saying all of my future purchases will be at a gun shop.

Mark C

Jul 6, 2008
    I picked up a Mossberg 500 at the Aberdeen Walmart about a year ago, for $180. They had a heck of a time finding a manager to complete the sale, and then had trouble finding the box, so when it was all said and done they gave me a 10% discount for my patience. No idea if they could order something not in stock, may be worth asking?

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Was at the La Plata Wal-Mart(where the discriminating white trash shop) last night and they had the s/s 10-22 for $239.(really wanted to buy it) At least I left with 3 333rd boxes of 22. It seems that they discontinue gun and ammo sales in areas where the overwhelming majority of the population cannot be trusted with Natural Rights. It is sad that we allow these "people" free acess to our society but there are no longer expectations of civility or responsibility so as our founders predicted this experiment with freedom is pretty much over. Sorry to tell you John B

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I bought the display/last 10/22 at the Aberdeen Walmart on Friday. $251 after tax for the 18" all-weather (SS barrel, epoxy-coated aluminum receiver) version, I don't know when they'll get more in stock.
    A friend told me Walmart could order certain lines of long guns, at Walmart prices. True?
    Yes, go to a Walmart that sells guns and ask to see the special order book at the gun counter. It used to be online but they revamped their website and I can't find it now, prices were ~80% of MSRP.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Some Walmarts are better than others. The Quarterfield Walmart has someone knowledgeable behind the counter about 50% of the time and whoever works the gun counter tends to be older in age and usually very polite. Quarterfield is local to about half of Anne Arundel, but I doubt that they'll have guns for much longer.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Quarterfield is local to about half of Anne Arundel, but I doubt that they'll have guns for much longer.

They carry what sells. The more purchases of an item, the more they stock. It's all part of Sam's model... stock what sells, do not stock what does not sell. A lot of decisions are made by a computer model with very little human input. It is not always political, just good business for a company that grew because the learned what their customers wanted and then made sure it was in stock at a good price.

So buy more guns from your local Walmart and they will carry more.

-Boxcab

johnny.

n00bie
    May 10, 2010
    Central MD
    The "Super" Wally World on Quarterfield had some 10/22's in stock as well as Remington 597's.

Are you looking to practice?

Might I suggest a Savage Mark II TR

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/

markiitr.png

Bolt action :)

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    Easton Md Wal Mart still sells guns, Seaford De sells em and Camden De sells em too. I bought my 870 from Seaford De. I saved on taxes and my wife works there so theres another 10% savings

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    The old story, WalMart comes in an area, promotional items sell for less than the wholesale prices to real gunstores. Shortly 75-100% of full service gun stores within xyz radius close up. No more places with semi intelligent answers or full line of gun stuff. Then WM makes a political apeasement, stops selling guns or ammo in wide swaths, and there are no other options.

Sounds similar to Home Depot and local Mom & Pop hardware stores that stocked items difficult to find else where. I was told one time that Home Depot only sold what "The Public" wanted :sad20:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Does Frederick still? I have been thinking of crusing up there to see if they have a Marlin Mod 60 carbine in Stainless. The old man picked one up and is it every a sweet shooting sun of a gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom