• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RollTide

Dec 31, 2010
    Greenbelt
    I recently bought a VZ58 from czechpoint. I also got a folding stock for it which I installed the other day. The one thing that worrys me is everytime the stock folds it hits the reciever and I'm afraid it will start marking it up. Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this besides taping some cloth to the butt? Thanks

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Buy some Plasti Dip at Lowes or Home Depot. It comes in a can like paint.

Degrease the buttstock and dip the rear in the plasti dip, or mask the whole stock off and coat the butpad and cheekrest area with the spray on version. It will have a factory rubber non slip coating (Its what many Tool Maker coat their hand tool grips in). You can peel it off if you hate it later or if it gets damaged.

plasti1.jpg

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

RollTide

Dec 31, 2010
    Greenbelt
    I guess just wrap it tight around the butt and then up towards the reciever for a good checkweld. Sounds like it should work plus i could always take it off. Thanks

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Hey Rolltide, congrats on the new rifle. Can you post a pic of the rifle and where its touching? Also which folding stock did you go with? Is it the Ace FX?

RollTide

Dec 31, 2010
    Greenbelt
    Hey Rolltide, congrats on the new rifle. Can you post a pic of the rifle and where its touching? Also which folding stock did you go with? Is it the Ace FX?
    Give me a sec on the pic, the only digital camera I have is a cell phone so I'm trying to figure this out. The folder is just your basic czech surplus. Kinda both ideas, maybe I will just get another folder lol.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Buy some Plasti Dip at Lowes or Home Depot. It comes in a can like paint.

Degrease the buttstock and dip the rear in the plasti dip, or mask the whole stock off and coat the butpad and cheekrest area with the spray on version. It will have a factory rubber non slip coating (Its what many Tool Maker coat their hand tool grips in). You can peel it off if you hate it later or if it gets damaged.

plasti1.jpg

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

does this come in different colors?? cool stuff

Good thread BTW!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    To be safe you can also add a small square of hard sided velco on the Receiver thwere the buttstock would hit. Llowes or Home Depot sells the Industrial Velcro in strips or rolls. If you need some stop by Scotts Gunsithing Next Saturday and Ill give you some velcro free. Its black in color.

RollTide

Dec 31, 2010
    Greenbelt
    Scotts, that funny. My father loves that place. I think scotty actually just fixed an 11-87 premier my brother n law managed to jam up. I am actually planning on going that way next weekend so I will let you know, I wanted to show my father the new VZ in our collection for a couple weeks now. But to tell the truth I'm going to home depot tomorrow to check out that spray.
    also I think I just added the pic to this post

Last edited:

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Placed my order yesterday with Czech Point and received my tracking # today I should have one in my hands sometime next week!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I wonder, from the pictures, if you could get some plastic door edging (like for adding to car doors) and slip it of the edge of the butt where it contacts the rifle, or maybe even wrap it around the entire edge. You could possibly use a heat gun to make it conform to the corners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom