• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    I cam in this past week with two friends and each of us want to grab a VZ 2008 - will you be getting these in this upcoming week(3/3)?

We should get our next batch of VZs by the end of the week, although we may experience some delay with shipping/deliveries this week, depending on what the weather does.

I'll shoot you a PM when they arrive.

Draico

Apr 29, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    That's an easy decision....

buy both :D

1 down 1 to go.
    Big thanks to Kevin and friends at Duffy's. Thanks a lot for the VZ.
    First of all there couldn't be a a group of friendlier people. For any of you contemplating the drive to see them it well worth it. I walked in and there's so much eye candy there. As soon as you pull up you see a Deuce. Thanks for the great rifle im sure its going to be fun to shoot and i'll be back for an SKS soon.
    Thanks again.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    1 down 1 to go.
    Big thanks to Kevin and friends at Duffy's. Thanks a lot for the VZ.
    First of all there couldn't be a a group of friendlier people. For any of you contemplating the drive to see them it well worth it. I walked in and there's so much eye candy there. As soon as you pull up you see a Deuce..

I totally agree...
    The last part doesn't sound very sanitary though :lol2:

Draico

Apr 29, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    For those of you on the fence about purchasing one. I just got back from the range ran about 200 rounds through this beauty without a single issue. Absolutely fun to shoot. Go out and grab one now while they are still available.
    And thanks again guys for my first 7.62x39 firearm.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    For those of you on the fence about purchasing one. I just got back from the range ran about 200 rounds through this beauty without a single issue. Absolutely fun to shoot. Go out and grab one now while they are still available.
    And thanks again guys for my first 7.62x39 firearm.

x2 :D

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    HOLY CRAP!!!!!! Century is supposedly going to be manufacturing a VZ-2008 with chrome lined barrel starting late 2014!!!!

They also are now selling as in RIGHT NOW a chrome lined Centurion C39 milled AK.

Sucks to have missed the boat on the latter, but I'm going in for one of the former definitely. That chrome lined barrel and the welded plate and fire group (and some fit and finish) were all the Czechpoint guns had on the Century guns.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    HOLY CRAP!!!!!! Century is supposedly going to be manufacturing a VZ-2008 with chrome lined barrel starting late 2014!!!!

They also are now selling as in RIGHT NOW a chrome lined Centurion C39 milled AK.

Sucks to have missed the boat on the latter, but I'm going in for one of the former definitely. That chrome lined barrel and the welded plate and fire group (and some fit and finish) were all the Czechpoint guns had on the Century guns.

That would be great, where did you hear or see that? I've been seriously considering purchasing a 2nd for investment, but if the chromed barrel is a sure thing, I think I'll wait til it's available.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I called them today to check on inventory for some things I'd like to buy from them. They have some weird policies pertaining to MD, and since sometimes they do one thing, and sometimes another, and sometimes they'll ship to MD C&R and sometimes not, I decided to call and get someone on the phone, and during the talk I asked if it was true they were releasing The Centurion in new configurations, and he said yes, and new for 2014 chrome lined barrels on their AKs. I said I just bought a second VZ-2008 and would have bought it sooner if only they did the same with their VZs they were doing with their AKs.

He said the manufacturer they deal with just started offering chromed barrels and that they 'had plans' to introduce a new VZ-58 pattern rifle with chromed barrel 'by the end of the year'

Then i checked the internet and sure enough, there are chrome lined Centurions available for DIRT CHEAP!!!!
    http://www.centuryarms.biz/search.asp

Check out the link, there are both chromed and non chromed versions available, in a plethora of furniture and barrel and accessory styles

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom