• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    For your consideration, a possible DINO strategy going into 2014:

Firstly, if you live in a heavily Dem area change your registration to Dem unless staying a Gop is somehow beneficial. The only reason to have any party loyalty if it is somehow benefits you personally. I can assure you "they" will sell you out in a minute.

Get the voting record for the last legislative session (who has a good link?). If your Rep voted against "us" vote against them - plain and simple. Even if the primary challenger would be worse for us, we must send a message that voting against gun owners will cause you to lose your job. The only thing these people care about is money and power. The threat of losing that is all they understand. In 2014, let's make sure they understand "us."

Then, come the General Election, support the candidate most likely to support gun owners. A simple strategy, I think. Anyone have any other ideas?

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I became a DINO this year after 36 years a registered Republican. I registered to vote when I was 18 and the first president I voted for was Ronald Reagan. Now living in MD's 3rd Congressional District (The Sarbanes Security Zone - better known as "the most gerrymandered district in America") so DINO is the only way to go to make it count.

"Pro-Gun, Pro-Family, Pro-Life, Pro-Marriage, Pro-God And I Vote"

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    No (overt) offense intended folks but the "Dino Movement" isn't going to accomplish anything.

Lets be realistic,

DINO's are people that fall into one of two groups

1. Folks that are largely trapped in Md or (insert liberal pisshole state) through no fault of their own.

OR

2. Remain in Md because they lack the motivation to pick up and move to a state where your vote stands a good chance of mattering.

Unfortunately the vast majority fall into the latter of the two categories.

I expect the excuses will fly but nonetheless those people that fall into category #2 nonetheless would like to hold onto the fantasy that their vote actually matters in Md.

If you actually want your vote to count for something then move to a State that is not dark blue.

This will achieve two things (at least).

Short term it will deprive Md Gov of the tax dollars of a productive person that it needs to fund the entitlement state required to keep people voting for them.

Longer term it will further deprive Md gov of the same tax dollars due to reapportionment of representation in the US House due to redistricting as a result of population loss in Md

If you really want to make a difference then move.

If you are truly stuck in Md due to Family/Etc then you have my condolences.....keep fighting

LocknLoad

Jun 27, 2008
    Howard Co
    Changed my registration to Dem...I threw up a little in my mouth...but ready to screw with their primary. F them and the horse they rode in on.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    No (overt) offense intended folks but the "Dino Movement" isn't going to accomplish anything.

If you are truly stuck in Md due to Family/Etc then you have my condolences.....keep fighting

You're probably correct in the overall sense, but some of these primaries were decided by a few hundred votes or less. You wouldn't need many to change an outcome in those locations. So a message could be sent, problem is no one is really listening.

PeePeeMcGee

Jun 24, 2013
    NOVA
    I was born and raised in Maryland. Ive lived in Maryland my whole life. I may be young but Im not dumb--this state is beyond repair. I respect those that still want to fight but its useless. Luckily Im just renting an apartment at the moment. I will most certainly buy a house in Virginia within the next 2 years and settle down in a free state. Unfortunately, it will only be a matter of time before VA turns dark blue too because of all of the Yankees and Guidos from New York/ New Jersey who come to The DC area to take our jobs.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD

Lets be realistic,

1. Folks that are largely trapped in Md or (insert liberal pisshole state) through no fault of their own.

OR

2. Remain in Md because they lack the motivation to pick up and move to a state where your vote stands a good chance of mattering.

Unfortunately the vast majority fall into the latter of the two categories.

I expect the excuses will fly but nonetheless those people that fall into category #2 nonetheless would like to hold onto the fantasy that their vote actually matters in Md.

If you actually want your vote to count for something then move to a State that is not dark blue.

This will achieve two things (at least).

Short term it will deprive Md Gov of the tax dollars of a productive person that it needs to fund the entitlement state required to keep people voting for them.

Longer term it will further deprive Md gov of the same tax dollars due to reapportionment of representation in the US House due to redistricting as a result of population loss in Md

If you really want to make a difference then move.

What a great way to lift up the citizens of MD, by telling them the only way to make a difference is to move.

If your going to keep tearing down those who chose not to move, or are unable to, maybe it's time you leave MDShooters, since you have apparently already left the state and never seem to have any positive things to say about those who are still here.

Give me a freaking break.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    What a great way to lift up the citizens of MD, by telling them the only way to make a difference is to move.

If your going to keep tearing down those who chose not to move, or are unable to, maybe it's time you leave MDShooters, since you have apparently already left the state and never seem to have any positive things to say about those who are still here.

Seriously. The defeatists need to shut the hell up if they're not going to be a part of the solution.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007

Clearly you failed to read let alone comprehend the message.

The short term myopic view is the reason why we're in the position we're in today.

Maryland isn't going to be changed from within and continueing to piss into the dem hurricane of Md politics isn't going to accomplish much of anything except give you a warm wet feeling that will quickly begin to stink.

Md like Detroit, Chicago, DC and other liberal pissholes where Liberalism has been allowed to run rampant for decades will not be changed from within......they can only be changed from the outside.

Texas, the Dakota and a bunch of other "Red" states are doing relatively well

Va, Pa and a raft of other "Purple" states are ripe for the taking

What happens when we get enough people who are totally disenfranchised like RKBA supporters are in NJ, Md, NY and a raft of other states move to adjoining states that are on the tipping point of going Red/Pro Freedom?

Simply put the balance of power moves away from Tyrannical Dems

In doing so they lose votes in Congress, welfare/entitlement funding and the ability to continue appointing hostile justices at ALL levels of our courts.

When this happens and people in these states are free-er (Socialliy and Economically) we all thrive while those across the border in Md etc continue to spiral in economic failure

Until people like you open your eyes to the reality of how we can win this battle we'll continue to be put into bad situations with crappy fed legislation and court decisions.

On the other hand you COULD suck it up and move to Pa or Va very easily where you wouldn't be completely and utterly politically disenfranchised and nothing more than an unwilling donor to the Dem machine.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    If we don't fight where we live now, the liberal cancer will only spread.

By moving out of state, does nothing to prevent this from happening elsewhere.

Look at what is happening to AZ and CO. People are moving there from California because they don't like the political climate. Then they try to change it to something else instead of accepting it.

Sorry, if you think that by running away is the way to fight, then whats going to happen if this happens in other states.

VA and PA could be the next MD if everyone flees.

I choose to stay and fight because I don't back down because the situation looks grim.

Real Americans don't run. That would be the French.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Exactly frdfandc. Running from a problem doesn't solve it. It's time to rally the troops and go to the voting booth and fix this liberal disease that is ruining this once great state.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    If we don't fight where we live now, the liberal cancer will only spread.

By moving out of state, does nothing to prevent this from happening elsewhere.

Leaving Md and other liberal shit holes deprives these states of much needed funding to perpetuate the welfare/dem agenda.

Moving to a state where your vote actually counts functions as an innoculation against liberals moving to the state.

If you create an environment that is hostile to Liberalism it discourages liberals from moving there.

Look at what is happening to AZ and CO. People are moving there from California because they don't like the political climate. Then they try to change it to something else instead of accepting it.

Sorry, but you don't understand politics in either of these states.

Colorado's main population centers (Denver/Boulder) have been "Blue" for 30 years.

Consolidation of Conservatives in "Purple" states WILL tip the balance of power in our favor.

Dems have in excess of a 25 point advantage over Republicans in Md.......you might as well be living in DC or NJ.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/114016/state-states-political-party-affiliation.aspx

Sorry, if you think that by running away is the way to fight, then whats going to happen if this happens in other states.

VA and PA could be the next MD if everyone flees.

Va and Pa are already under attack which is exactly why Conservatives should move there in order to tip the balance in our favor.

Your vote doesn't count in Md nor will it in your lifetime

But it COULD count in a great many Purple states

You want to continue to throw your vote away in Md then go for it......better work hard because a lot of dems are depending on you paying taxes so they can sit in front of the big screen yapping on their obamaphones

I choose to stay and fight because I don't back down because the situation looks grim.

Real Americans don't run. That would be the French.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Sorry dude but you've already surrendered by staying in Md.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    You might as well say "Stay home everyone because nothing you do will make a difference."

Sorry, but that is not acceptable and not how I was raised. And I don't feel like I've surrendered at all. I believe that moving out of MD is a cowardly thing to do.

I love the State of Maryland, however I don't love the state that Maryland is in. The people of MD have been too passive way too long and it's time to stand up and fight. The Democratic Political Machine thinks this is a game, just look at the Shutdown. Now is the time to push back

Maybe I won't see it in my lifetime, I think I will see some change start to happen before I die. I'm still fairly young at 37 years old, but if I can help start making changes, then this will help my son.

This is what responsible parents do, make the sacrifices now so their children will have a better chance at success and surpass what I have accomplished in my life.

Unfortunately we have people like you who continue to help the opposition succeed by telling those who wish or are unable to leave that nothing can be done.

Might as well piss on our shoes and tell us it's raining.

I was taught a life lesson a long time ago by my parents. Surround yourself with those who lift you up. Those who do nothing but tear you down will not help your quality of life improve.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Leaving Md and other liberal shit holes deprives these states of much needed funding to perpetuate the welfare/dem agenda.

Moving to a state where your vote actually counts functions as an innoculation against liberals moving to the state.

If you create an environment that is hostile to Liberalism it discourages liberals from moving there.

Va and Pa are already under attack which is exactly why Conservatives should move there in order to tip the balance in our favor.

Sorry dude but you've already surrendered by staying in Md.

You might as well say "Stay home everyone because nothing you do will make a difference."

Sorry, but that is not acceptable and not how I was raised. And I don't feel like I've surrendered at all. I believe that moving out of MD is a cowardly thing to do.

I love the State of Maryland, however I don't love the state that Maryland is in. The people of MD have been too passive way too long and it's time to stand up and fight. The Democratic Political Machine thinks this is a game, just look at the Shutdown. Now is the time to push back

There is merit to both these ideas. Certainly PA and VA need help to stem the flow of "anti-2A" ideas into their state politics. That can only be accomplished by flooding those states with pro-2A citizens. I think, though, VA residents will not buy the "more guns = more crime" message simply because VA is such a free state and the crime has not appeared with more guns.

As for staying and fighting, there is merit to that also. If the anti-2A are not secure in their home base, then perhaps they'll be spending money here to keep MD in such a pitiful 2A shape.

I am stuck here in MD - I was born in Garrett County and have lived here my whole life. However, I am starting to think about buying somewhere else - my wife is starting to think this way also, but not because of 2A issues. However, I am not deluded into thinking that my moving will deprive the state of tax money - someone else with similar income will buy my house and pay the real estate taxes on it. The net effect tax-wise is negligible. I have other ideas, though, that could hurt the county and state dearly, legally, and help send a message.

If we can get some of there anti-2A pols out through operation DINO AND communicate to the others that their friends lost because of it, then may be we can halt this slippery slope.

I can foresee the day when the soccer moms of Columbia, Bowie, and Gaithersburg are clamouring for CCW to keep precious Johnny safe when they go to the store. I can foresee the pestilence of Baltimore / DC creeping into even Chevy Chase, Bethesda, and Rockville. When it does, we will then see a change of heart.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    For the cut and run folks: if you get into the D primary and eliminate the current threat by voting for the challenger, there is nothing that says you can't vote for the R or I or WTF-ever the other guy/gal is. "Just sayin'."

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore

Lets be realistic,

Hmm, clearly people took some offense.

You also forgot a group: people who like arts, culture, fine dining and guns. Yes we do exist!

Sorry, moving to some small town or suburb in PA, DE, or NOVA leaves me cold. I am not really sure what I would do in a place where I had to drive everywhere and Olive Garden was considered a fancy restaurant.

Ideologically, I have a real problem with turning arable farmland into 40 acres of horrid subdivision. It's actually an issue of national strategic importance which we will not realize for another 30 years when the global population hits near 10 billion.

I already hate the traffic on I95/295. I am really not interested in joining the mindless ranks of commuters travelling from PA, WV, DE to their job here in MD or worse DC. The worst is the Prius sporting the PA plates and Obama sticker travelling south on 295 headed to DC in the morning. I would actually support a stiff commuter tax for out of state residents just to get them off the highway. And how hard would it be to put a toll plaza on I83 at the PA line like the one they have in DE as you come out of Wilmington?

Anyway, I am "here" now, and here is where I will fight. It seems that a lot of people have simply lost the traditional American spirit of resistance and instead decided to run away.

Now, where were we? Oh yeah, how to retain our rights here in MD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom