• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redhawk_hj

May 29, 2013
    montgomery county
    there are threads on both of these red dots but not one that compares the two... these are what I am deciding between. I know the micro dot is a lot cheaper but I have also heard nothing but amazing things about the sparc. I currently have a vortex scope and have been working with their customer service and it is crazy how good they treat their customers. with that said, I am leaning towards the sparc but if there is really no difference in quality...etc the micro may make more sense

redhawk_hj

May 29, 2013
    montgomery county
    yeah I saw that it is still on sale... I am going to try out my friends micro this weekend and make a decision. I just don't like buying "cheaper" things and having to deal with all the bs associated with it...

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Primary Arms customer service is on the same level of Vortex in my experience. They will take care of you.

bangbangbye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2012
    love my micro on my ar pistol and just bought another for my 300blk pistol fro PA this weekend. Love my first one. have never seen the sparc.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I have a Sparc and am decently happy with it. That said, I ordered 2 of the PA micros when I saw them on sale. They arrive tomorrow. One will be going on a 9mm upper and the other will go on a 22lr upper.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Primary Arms customer service is good to go! I remember vids somewhere where they torture tested the micro. Dropped knocked them in the dirt type stuff. I run one on my rifle.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I thought I saw someone post that the PA Red Dot on sale for $59.99 wasn't the same model as the one that is more popular.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    That one is not a PA Micro. It's similar. The LED at 6 o'clock makes it unusable for lower 1/3rd co-witness. The real PA's are the ones for $79.99 and $89.99.

• The front lens is coated and angled to prevent glare
    • Micro Dot mounted at the factory on an AR height riser (included) allows for lower 1/3 cowitness on flat top AR-15/M-16.
    • Ultra sharp 3 MOA dot
    • 1,000+ hour battery life at medium setting.
    • Uses 1 CR2032 battery (included).
    • 11 brightness settings.
    • Visible in bright sunlight.
    • Waterproof (You can shoot in the rain. Don't go scuba diving with it).
    • Bikini covers included.
    • Only weighs 6.5 ounces w/ mount
    • Optional kill flash available for separate purchase
    • 1 year return warranty

blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    • The front lens is coated and angled to prevent glare
    • Micro Dot mounted at the factory on an AR height riser (included) allows for lower 1/3 cowitness on flat top AR-15/M-16.
    • Ultra sharp 3 MOA dot
    • 1,000+ hour battery life at medium setting.
    • Uses 1 CR2032 battery (included).
    • 11 brightness settings.
    • Visible in bright sunlight.
    • Waterproof (You can shoot in the rain. Don't go scuba diving with it).
    • Bikini covers included.
    • Only weighs 6.5 ounces w/ mount
    • Optional kill flash available for separate purchase
    • 1 year return warranty

I just received two of them today, the led emitter covers the 6oclock position where the tip of your front site would be. 1/3 co-witness is pretty much out of the question.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    I just received two of them today, the led emitter covers the 6oclock position where the tip of your front site would be. 1/3 co-witness is pretty much out of the question.

I'm having trouble understanding why.

Is it light bleed through that blocks the sight at the 6?

Or does the emitter itself physically block the sight.

If it's the latter then this sight is no bargain as you would have to get a new mount.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Just got mine today. Indeed, the emitter is at the 6 o'clock position. But, you can still get a lower 1/3 cowitness, just barely. This was using Magpul MBUS sights. The front sight post can still be lined up in the middle of the rear aperture.

The funny thing that I don't think some realize is that the Sparc also has the emitter at the 6 o'clock position. Both give the same sight picture using lower 1/3 mounts. And yes, I also have a Sparc, so I'm speaking from experience.

I'll be keeping mine as long as they perform well. For $59 a piece, they're perfect for what I wanted them for.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    The SPARC is amazing. It comes with a 2x magnifier that I pretty much keep on there all the time.

The thing sits on a rifle that I do not baby AT ALL. It has been dropped, smacked, exposed to cold and water, and works great, and zero has not shifted ONE BIT

Get the SPARC

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I picked up a sparc when joebobs had them on sale last and I've been pleased with it. I'm generally a fan of vortex though ;)

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The SPARC is amazing. It comes with a 2x magnifier that I pretty much keep on there all the time.

The thing sits on a rifle that I do not baby AT ALL. It has been dropped, smacked, exposed to cold and water, and works great, and zero has not shifted ONE BIT

Get the SPARC

I have been thinking about either a SPARC or a Lucid HD7 for a good value red dot as opposed to an AimPoint or EOTech solution.

I got a Sparc from JoeBob's on sale, and have been generally very happy with it. I especially like the 2 MOA dot, and that it can be cranked up enough to be clearly visible even in bright light. The only problem was that it shot loose the first time after a couple hundred rounds, but a little blue Loctite fixed that.

redhawk_hj

May 29, 2013
    montgomery county
    thank you everyone for the input... my question is this (don't make fun) is 1/3 cowitness refer to using rear back up sight with the optic with the front sight? customer service is huge for me so if the cheaper micro is not a big deal... I may just get both. ask the gf for the sparc for Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom