• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    I am trying to decide which of these stocks is a better choice. I have seen great reviews on both. I personally want something that is comfortable and durable. I also researched the Mako recoil-reducing stock and decided against it (the problems with the cheek riser not allowing the charging handle to come fully back did it for me). Any advice? Especially from those whom own them? Is there a different option that I should consider? Thanks.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I like the Magpul stocks myself. I've been eyeing the ACS-L for my latest. I have a CTR on my other which I really like.

Justin B.C.

Dec 25, 2012
    I'm a fan of the ACS. Mainly because Magpul just makes good stuff but also because I have a beard and the Emod seem catches my hair.

Best reason I have heard yet, since I have a goatee always and usually grow a beard for 6 months out of the year :D Thank you both, Magpul it is.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I have both on ARs, both are nice, the Magpul seems a little long, in other words mine is too short in the 2nd position but too long in the third, the Vltor is just about right in the 2nd position. Now the buffer tubes are not the same and that can be the variance. Also the Mapul stock will bind up the Magpul ASAP plate if the stock is slid to the shortest position.

Justin B.C.

Dec 25, 2012
    I think I will likely just go with Magpul. Matching the handguards and other furniture will be easier, and lots of parts to source. Thanks for the input all.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I'm a fan of the ACS. Mainly because Magpul just makes good stuff but also because I have a beard and the Emod seem catches my hair.

This is why I went with the ACS (plus I'm running MOE handguards). The VLTOR stocks are awesome though, as is the B5/LMT SOPMOD.

In my ACS, I store a .22 boresnake, some 123a batts, or a couple Slim Jims. :D

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I have both. On my go to rifle I have the emod. However i think the ACS may be a better stock.

They both are the same length, and both have about the same storage. The acs may be a little nicer on the face but when i let my peach fuz grow out i dont really notice an issue with the emod. My buddy has a beard and doesnt have an issue with the vltor's. Buts theres no denying the acs is a smoother surface. The other upsides to the acs are the storage caps are connected to the stock. So if you were to open them in a tight situation you wont loose them. The emod the caps arent connected so they can be lost. The acs also has the locking feature. The acs also is a little more comfortable on the shoulder due to its contour. The downsides of the acs is that you need to use something to pry the release to get it on or off the buffer tube. The emod you can easily take off and on. The emod also has a piece of metal on the bottom. If you were to swing the buttstock at something it may be an effective hit. Either one you cant go wrong. I keep the emod on my go to rifle just because thats what i built it with and wanted to minimize the amount of magpul stuff used.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The one I love but rank below the the two mentioned here because of the proprietary buffer and has no storage is the ERGO F-93. When locked this stock has absolutely zero wiggle no matter what.

IMG_0301_zps53b3d523.jpg

skibernie

Feb 22, 2008
    Silver Spring,MD
    I run a UBR - had both the MOE and the ACS but got a great deal on the UBR and I haven't looked back. Cheek weld is nice and it's nice and easy to adjust.

Plus, I think it looks cool.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I was looking at the Mako stocks... Whats wrong with them??
    Nothing, IMHO. I was very impressed with the last two I used. The cheek riser getting in the way of the charging handle is not exactly a Mako-specific problem; most M4 cheek risers have that issue to some extent. Just run it without the cheek riser.

The thing I worry the most about with a stock is weight. Gotta keep that rifle balanced!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom