• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    We went to a lacrosse game at Gettysburg College and then had lunch at Fourscore Beer Company. The food and beer were good. It's not far from home, so I would like to spend some more time in the Gettysburg area. The Glen Rock area also seems cool, just north of Baltimore and off the beaten path. As I just retired recently, I could see moving north of the Mason-Dixon Line to get out of the Grand Lib Republic of Maryland. It seems to be just more American than MD.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I've been going to Gettysburg for many years now and I've seen that it's steadily turninng more and more libtard blue. Head on over there at certain times of the year and you'll see rainbow flags all over the place. Pennsylvania is well on its way to becoming marlandistan. WV would be a better choice if you don't want to move too far.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I think the "trick" is to move as rural as one can deal with. There are places In Maryland that you would swear are not Maryland. Conversely, there are places in Texas that you would swear are not Texas.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    My parents live just west of Gettysburg. Just watch out for the school taxes if you're planing on moving up there.

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    We went Saturday. Got in town around 10 am. Hit Reddings hardware and Gettysburg trading post. Hung out in town, checked into our room at the 1863. Then a late lunch/ dinner at the Dobbin house. Then went to Lincoln speedway to watch the sprint cars. Love going there for a weekend getaway.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I've been going to Gettysburg for many years now and I've seen that it's steadily turninng more and more libtard blue. Head on over there at certain times of the year and you'll see rainbow flags all over the place. Pennsylvania is well on its way to becoming marlandistan. WV would be a better choice if you don't want to move too far.
    So, displaying support for historically under represented groups of our society make you a blue libtard?

Funny, our first president, the great General George Washington didn't find any problem with Baron Friedrich von Steuben being a homosexual in 1778. The Army to this day teaches the history of von Steuben and how he helped form the Army at Valley Forge. But I guess being anything but heterosexual is a bridge too far for certain boomers living in 2024?

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    We just downsized and moved into a 55+ community a couple miles from Gettysburg downtown. We’re both 76, and wanted easier living. Our new place has no stairs and the association takes care of everything outside, even removing snow from your drive and sidewalk, right up to your porch. Tons (like $30,000,000+ worth) of amenities if you’re looking for that kind of thing. Amblebrook for those interested.

Last edited:

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    So, displaying support for historically under represented groups of our society make you a blue libtard?

Funny, our first president, the great General George Washington didn't find any problem with Baron Friedrich von Steuben being a homosexual in 1778. The Army to this day teaches the history of von Steuben and how he helped form the Army at Valley Forge. But I guess being anything but heterosexual is a bridge too far for certain boomers living in 2024?

When you embrace immoral rot, you invite doom. Homosexuality is a mental illness, not something to be celebrated. People want to be gay? Fine, be gay. People want to dress like a woman? Fine, dress like a woman. I won't celebrate it and I don't care to spend my money with or spend my time around those kinds of people. Hopefully, they eventually figure out that they need help and seek it. Celebrating mental illness only encourages it. I will do no such thing.

And BTW, I'm sure von Steuben wasn't flying a fag flag on his tent and expecting everyone to cheer him on for what he did behind closed tent flaps. In fact, I'm fairly certain that would have gotten him run out of camp.

When you remove the Word of God from the nation, you remove the Integrity of said nation.

Leviticus 18:22-29

22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. 23 Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion.

24 ‘Do not defile yourselves with any of these things; for by all these the nations are defiled, which I am casting out before you. 25 For the land is defiled; therefore I visit[c] the punishment of its iniquity upon it, and the land vomits out its inhabitants. 26 You shall therefore [d]keep My statutes and My judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations, either any of your own nation or any stranger who dwells among you 27 (for all these abominations the men of the land have done, who were before you, and thus the land is defiled), 28 lest the land vomit you out also when you defile it, as it vomited out the nations that were before you. 29 For whoever commits any of these abominations, the persons who commit them shall be [e]cut off from among their people.

Last edited:

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    When you embrace immoral rot, you invite doom. Homosexuality is a mental illness, not something to be celebrated. People want to be gay? Fine, be gay. People want to dress like a woman? Fine, dress like a woman. I won't celebrate it and I don't care to spend my money with or spend my time around those kinds of people. Hopefully, they eventually figure out that they need help and seek it. Celebrating mental illness only encourages it. I will do no such thing.

And BTW, I'm sure von Steuben wasn't flying a fag flag on his tent and expecting everyone to cheer him on for what he did behind closed tent flaps. In fact, I'm fairly certain that would have gotten him run out of camp.

When you remove the Word of God from the nation, you remove the Integrity of said nation.

22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. 23 Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion.

24 ‘Do not defile yourselves with any of these things; for by all these the nations are defiled, which I am casting out before you. 25 For the land is defiled; therefore I visit[c] the punishment of its iniquity upon it, and the land vomits out its inhabitants. 26 You shall therefore [d]keep My statutes and My judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations, either any of your own nation or any stranger who dwells among you 27 (for all these abominations the men of the land have done, who were before you, and thus the land is defiled), 28 lest the land vomit you out also when you defile it, as it vomited out the nations that were before you. 29 For whoever commits any of these abominations, the persons who commit them shall be [e]cut off from among their people.
    Gay people are mentally ill? Or people want to be gay? I'm confused.

Playing the odds, I'm sure some of the people who wrote your sacred scrolls were gay.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Elephant_logo_with_words_400x.png

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    There are very few places to retreat to and all states are under attack. They have all been infiltrated to some degree. You may as well stand where you are, and fight.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    We went to a lacrosse game at Gettysburg College and then had lunch at Fourscore Beer Company. The food and beer were good. It's not far from home, so I would like to spend some more time in the Gettysburg area. The Glen Rock area also seems cool, just north of Baltimore and off the beaten path. As I just retired recently, I could see moving north of the Mason-Dixon Line to get out of the Grand Lib Republic of Maryland. It seems to be just more American than MD.
    We aren't retired yet but moved from Carroll County to PA a few years ago and I highly recommend it.

Overall cost of living is lower except price of gas. We both work in MD so fill up there when possible.

We have a lot of good breweries here in Hanover PA. Also I can recommend Black Cap in Red Lion along with Mexitaly, which is just east of York on east Market St.

No training requirement here for permit just a simple form and small fee.

You want to be careful where you move to in PA for the school taxes. Here in PA school districts can levy their own taxes. Ours is about $4,100 a year. Despite that, we are still ahead of the game when you calculate in income tax. PA does not tax qualified retirement income.

Hollar if you want to meet up at another brewery or have other questions about migrating to PA.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    There are very few places to retreat to and all states are under attack. They have all been infiltrated to some degree. You may as well stand where you are, and fight.

The way I see it, the best refuge at this point is to take the Orania mindset. We've found such a place that we will soon be retiring to. There are still isolated communities out there where the rot is being kept out.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD

Hilarious...

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    There did seem to be a lot of activity in town and I can imagine there must be a lot of tourists in town, especially for the battle anniversary. I would like to avoid that.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I get up to Gettysburg at least a couple of times a week. The square is about 25 miles from my driveway. My goal is to move to the Fairfield/Biglerville area when the wife retires in another year or two. It's definitely a change in atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom