• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    For those that are interested, here's the language for the DC 10 round magazine limit.

No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term "large capacity ammunition feeding device" means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The term "large capacity ammunition feeding device" shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    This is great news. Until the court says otherwise I will be carrying in DC! My Glock 26 and S&W Shield meet those magazine requirements.

For those of you thinking about NOT carrying until the appeals process is done I would suggest that it would be more helpful to our cause to have LOTS of law abiding gun owners armed in DC showing that the streets will NOT fill with blood.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Yes but its unexplainable and I haven't fully read it. It seems they want us to enforce state of residency laws or something. When I finally get to read the emails ill figure it out.......administration nightmare

I read it and I feel comfortable enough to carry in DC with the bulletin in my pocket so I will. :D

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    My take is that due to the judges pretty direct opinion, the MPD will be very wary of arresting anyone carrying who is otherwise acting lawfully. They want to downplay this as much as possible to limit any related lawsuits as they try and hash out a new law. I think they realize that any arrest will hit the social media in a flash.

One note from the judge's opinion that I wouldn't have caught 2 years ago because I didn't understand levels of scrutiny (still don't fully understand to be honest). In his decision, he mentioned "under any level of scrutiny." Is it just me or does that statement pretty much blow the entire scrutiny debate out of the water?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The only way for anyone to know is to OC. If you CC correctly, no one will notice.

This, seriously. If you are doing it correctly, and not just trying to show everyone how big of a man you are, no one should know.

Have you guys been carrying in DC all along? :innocent0 Just kidding. I will definitely carry concealed. I have a business meeting to attend. Open carry might not go over well with my client.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That's my point. Everyone saying go exercise your right by carrying. But if you CC, what statement have you made? No one knows but you.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    That's my point. Everyone saying go exercise your right by carrying. But if you CC, what statement have you made? No one knows but you.

I am quite sure that the Wash Post and the Times know that thousands are likely carrying in DC today. The reporters are out and they will ask people. The bloodshed will be non-existent unless some criminal decides to test an armed US Citizen. I might open carry if I did not have a business meeting to attend.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Emily Miller ‏@EmilyMiller 2m
    Keep in mind-- the law that only registered DC gun owners can posess ammunition is still in effect.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

This is where the power of social media will be very beneficial.

Some will want to post pics of OC, some stories of CC...

The more the merrier... Just be aware of prohibited places.

(yeah, in light of the directive, I'm comfortable with this, u.until a sgtay)

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I think their goal is for the LEO to run a warrants check on the out of state carrier. If no warrant, you're free to go. They're not checking permits, just your right to legally possess. They have no way to know what states have permits and which don't. That's completely unworkable for a street cop. A warrant check is easy.

And they only laws MPDC can enfore are DC laws. They'll need a Federal LEO to charge on a Federal violation.

So then CCW is now probable cause? I don't think that's a viable solution, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom