• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Counselor, if we get the Supreme Court decision we are hoping for in the Loper Bright Enterprises v. Raimondo case, what sort of potential strain do you envision on the DOJ and other backers of the administrative state created by a flurry of more well-heeled industries challenging regulators gone wild?

Great case. The Court took Loper to reverse. The Chevron doctrine will be pared back if not abrogated. There will be no strain on DOJ or the federal gov. that they can't handle. They have ample resources as it is.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    well, in the Mont. Co., case I think it likely that the County will be paying fees under 42 usc 1988. It won't be a rounding error in the county's 6 billion dollar budget but it may sting.
    Stay tuned.
    That is what I want to hear!!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Great case. The Court took Loper to reverse. The Chevron doctrine will be pared back if not abrogated. There will be no strain on DOJ or the federal gov. that they can't handle. They have ample resources as it is.
    Thank you for disabusing me of unrealistic expectations. I was experiencing premature excitement.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    well, in the Mont. Co., case I think it likely that the County will be paying fees under 42 usc 1988. It won't be a rounding error in the county's 6 billion dollar budget but it may sting.
    Stay tuned.
    Will some of those fees be paid back to the NRA? Or did they just contribute money and no lawyer time?

It would really sting if Mont Co had to pay the NRA even $1.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Will some of those fees be paid back to the NRA? Or did they just contribute money and no lawyer time?

The NRA did not participate in the Mont. Co. Case. They did and are participating in the HQL case and the SB1 case.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    HQL was deem unconstitutional on 11/21 right? So isn't today day 14? Shouldn't we know if the State appealed or not by 5pm today?

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Seriously though, there's so much more that goes into why the bay is effed than the a sewage treatment plant.
    Agreed. Back River is just an example of better things that the money could have gone towards.

What do you call a person who wants to buy a home? A developer.
    What do you call a person who already owns a home? An environmentalist.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    That's what I figured.. starting with 11/22 (Wed), makes 12/5 day 14.
    18jwl2.jpg

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

I can't imagine the court awarding any fees, it's a high bar. Typically bad faith has to be argued to even begin.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    That is what I want to hear!!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    this won't do any good, they will just use taxpayer money to pay it just more wasted tax money. it will help MSI to continue the fight for us but will not stop county or state leaders from further infringements of our rights. What needs to happen is everyone that put their name on the bad laws should be held personally liable for the court cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom