• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    Thanks, MSI!

However, five minutes to five weeks for the 4th to take it en banc, then another 12+ months to decide against us again, then several years at Scotus?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I got my HQL back in 2015 and it does have my picture on it as well. When this is all done and over with and the commies in the MGA are given their royal spankings, I will take mine and put it on a range and have fun with my AR-15 one shot dead center. If it is shot down then no need to renew in 2025 when my 10yrs are up. Let the weeping,whaling and lamentation begin!!!:gun1::gun3::bannana::bannana::bannana:
    I'm going to hang on to mine as an example of what victory looks like. I like the idea of showing youngsters how what once was is now no more, and that it took a fight to accomplish that. It will keep it with my final FOID card I had when I left Illinois over 35 years ago.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I'm going to hang on to mine as an example of what victory looks like. I like the idea of showing youngsters how what once was is now no more, and that it took a fight to accomplish that. It will keep it with my final FOID card I had when I left Illinois over 35 years ago.
    I still have my old paper carbon copied Handgun Buying card / permission slip, from back sometime in the 90’s when we had to watch that video for 45 minutes or whatever.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I still have my old paper carbon copied Handgun Buying card / permission slip, from back sometime in the 90’s when we had to watch that video for 45 minutes or whatever.
    That the third memento I have as well. I had forgotten all about it. Thanks for the reminder.

scattervision

Bang Bang Bangity Bang
    May 12, 2016
    Someone would still have to setup a MSP account (with the stupid ever-expiring login credentials for no reason) and fill out the 77R ahead of time, get the PIN #, and the whole shebang, correct? Just no HQL requirement, right? Still a pain to someone that hasn’t already been doing this for years like we have. Still can’t simply walk into a LGS on a lark, pay $$$, complete the paperwork, and wait 7 days?
    Isn't expiration of a password a security measure for the person with the account?

scattervision

Bang Bang Bangity Bang
    May 12, 2016
    okay just prepped another 77r, there is at the end the ability to upload a document. I wonder what would happen of some wrote in something BS in the hql spot and uploaded the decision as a supporting document.
    Why be shitty with SP about it? They didn't write the law.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Nothing changes until the court of appeals issues its mandate. Under the federal rules, the decision goes into effect in 21 days with the issuance of the Court's mandate. The State has 14 days to seek en banc review in the Fourth Circuit. If it does so, the mandate is stayed until such time as such a petition for rehearing is either denied or, if granted, after rehearing decision. And, course, the State may also seek review in the Supreme Court.
    Thank you!

Hold on to that HQL for now, folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom