• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

Sorry but you just can't walk around with an unboxed weapon these days...

I went to High School in Baltimore City & I rode the street cars & buses to & from school...

On Tuesdays & Thursdays I carried my 22 rifle un-cased with 3-5 boxes of ammo in my pocket...

I locked my rifle & ammo in my locker at school...

After school, I walked to the Fifth Regiment Armory & shot on Poly's Rifle team...

No one ever said a word to me & I never shot anybody...

All that changed when President Kennedy was killed with a mail order rifle...

Shortly thereafter Martin Luther King was killed...

And then Bobby Kennedy was killed by "Sirhan Sirhan"...

Next came the shooting & crippling of Governor George Wallace...

Somewhere along the line Congress & the American people got fired up & passed some very comprehensive gun control laws...

So that was then & this is now...

Keep you guns in a gun case or be prepared to pay the consequences...

Don't be a fool or an *******...

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    To me, this is similar to the civil rights struggles of 60's. There were laws enforced to keep blacks from drinking at certain water fountains, or riding in certain places in buses. Perhaps there were no laws that forbade those actions, but anyone who did would be prosecuted for and convicted of disorderly conduct, breaching the peace, or the like.

This man is our Rosa Parks. How he was treated was nothing more than thuggishness. It is not enough to arrest him (probably illegally) but he must be humiliated and tormented as well.

In Maryland, we are being played. The conduct that got this guy arrested was the same conduct Gansler used, in part, to justify G&S in Woollard. I am disgusted by the intellectual dishonesty and lack of integrity which pervades the opposition.

JVP409

Jan 31, 2013
    Bel Air
    And the fact that he is a veteran has exactly what to do this this store other than to sensationalize the story.?
    Also this guy got exactly what he was looking to get. Attention. Anyone that is walking around with an AR 15 these days is going to be questioned. This guy and those like him hurt the cause and give the gun grabbers ammunition.

bpSchoch

Jan 16, 2009
    Bethesda, MD
    This has to be stopped or else where does it end? There is already some talk about licensing reporters and the media. People are being told that they have to remove their cross necklaces because it might offend someone. (so much for the first amendment)

We have started that slippery slope where we are losing our rights as protected by the bill of rights. The further down the slope we get, the harder it will be to go back.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    To me, this is similar to the civil rights struggles of 60's. There were laws enforced to keep blacks from drinking at certain water fountains, or riding in certain places in buses. Perhaps there were no laws that forbade those actions, but anyone who did would be prosecuted for and convicted of disorderly conduct, breaching the peace, or the like.

This man is our Rosa Parks. How he was treated was nothing more than thuggishness. It is not enough to arrest him (probably illegally) but he must be humiliated and tormented as well.

In Maryland, we are being played. The conduct that got this guy arrested was the same conduct Gansler used, in part, to justify G&S in Woollard. I am disgusted by the intellectual dishonesty and lack of integrity which pervades the opposition.

I will have to side with this opinion. The culture needs to change to adapt to our freedoms. We shouldn't for a second label someone an a-hole or a fool because he is doing anything legal he feels like doing. I understand not wanting to deal with the hassle, but if he does, more power to him. Who friggen cares who gets their panties in a bunch over it. They need to get used to it.

Daddyursus

Trusted Shellback
    Jan 11, 2013
    In a van down by the river
    Stupid is, as stupid does. This fool just gave the media an excuse to push an anti open carry agenda. I own guns. I shoot guns. My friends own guns. BUT I for one would quickly leave an area if a guy showed up carrying an AR. Decorated veteran, my a$$. What did he get, a good conduct medal??

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Stupid is, as stupid does. This fool just gave the media an excuse to push an anti open carry agenda. I own guns. I shoot guns. My friends own guns. BUT I for one would quickly leave an area if a guy showed up carrying an AR. Decorated veteran, my a$$. What did he get, a good conduct medal??

What if you were in the mall and you saw someone with a handgun on his/her hip? How about walking around here and seeing someone with a knife in their pocket? What about walking by someone with a backpack(that could have a pressure cooker bomb in it)? How about someone sneezing(since they could be a suicide bio-terrorist)? Nobody's personal insecurities and fears make his decision to carry a long gun illegal. People are free to leave the area if they don't wish to be around him. I'd personally welcome the sight of many people around me legally carrying a firearm. It would mean I would have that right too, and it would certainly give any intending to do harm a visual disincentive to trying.

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010

When people start getting beat, hung, and killed for NRA stickers and being 2A supporters you can make that comparison. Until then GTFOHWTBS.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Agreed. How many blacks likely told Rosa Parks that 'she just can't do that', even if it was legal. Many of the comments I see result from 'battered gun owners syndrome'. If what he was doing was legal, then what happened was absolutely wrong, period. Arbitrarily suspending/ignoring Constitutional rights is what NONE of us or ANY Americans should ever tolerate. Every time this kind of issue happens and goes unchallenged, it becomes enabled.

Sure, being a vet is meaningless to the discussion and meant to inflame, but that is the very same tactic the anti's and liberals use.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall

Sgt Preston here...

Great points...

I have 5 handguns, 3 rifles & lots of ammo...

I can shoot them indoors or outdoors almost every day of the year...

And I can still buy more guns & more ammo...

We have to realize that we live in a Communist State...

Merry Land is made up of more than 50% Ultra Liberals...

Conservatives & Shooters DO NOT control any part of the State Government...

And the people we support & vote for most always loose to Liberal = Democratic Candidates...

So the choices for us are to: Move to another State or Try to convert a new generation of Conservative Voters to elect different representatives or Live within the laws of Merry Land or disobey the laws, go to Jail & never be entitled to own another gun...

As for me, I'm staying out of the line of fire...

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Sgt Preston here...

Great points...

I have 5 handguns, 3 rifles & lots of ammo...

I can shoot them indoors or outdoors almost every day of the year...

And I can still buy more guns & more ammo...

We have to realize that we live in a Communist State...

Merry Land is made up of more than 50% Ultra Liberals...

Conservatives & Shooters DO NOT control any part of the State Government...

And the people we support & vote for most always loose to Liberal = Democratic Candidates...

So the choices for us are to: Move to another State or Try to convert a new generation of Conservative Voters to elect different representatives or Live within the laws of Merry Land or disobey the laws, go to Jail & never be entitled to own another gun...

As for me, I'm staying out of the line of fire...
    Politians Win.jpg

:sad20:

Daddyursus

Trusted Shellback
    Jan 11, 2013
    In a van down by the river
    What if you were in the mall and you saw someone with a handgun on his/her hip? How about walking around here and seeing someone with a knife in their pocket? What about walking by someone with a backpack(that could have a pressure cooker bomb in it)? How about someone sneezing(since they could be a suicide bio-terrorist)? Nobody's personal insecurities and fears make his decision to carry a long gun illegal. People are free to leave the area if they don't wish to be around him. I'd personally welcome the sight of many people around me legally carrying a firearm. It would mean I would have that right too, and it would certainly give any intending to do harm a visual disincentive to trying.

Lets not go Over the Top with this one. Carrying a holstered firearm is completely different. Our fight to keep our 2nd amendment rights has a lot to do with perception by the general populace. I just think carrying an AR in public might scare the snot out of many people.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Lets not go Over the Top with this one. Carrying a holstered firearm is completely different. Our fight to keep our 2nd amendment rights has a lot to do with perception by the general populace. I just think carrying an AR in public might scare the snot out of many people.

Today, but it was commonplace in the past as the good sgt pointed out. Tomorrow, the sight of a holstered gun might freak someone out...then a knife...then we become like britain with a severe general hoplophobia. The more we can put guns in the public eye as a normal thing to exist in public the better...even if they're thinking, "ohhh, there's another 2A activist whining and trying to make a point with a rifle on his back" instead of, "ZOMFG! A gun! we gunnna die!". Here's the normal that would be cool to have here...

75637.jpg

90120031544556.jpg

bikini-gun-girl_1546417a.jpg

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County

Yeah your right not to be scared is what led to the Patriot Act, too.

The fight gun owners showed a few months ago is but a distant memory now. Reality has set in. Folks have panicked and bought all the guns they need to buy before they're banned. Ammo is becoming available again.

Now the Stockholm Syndrome sets back in for the long run. Ease on into those chains, the weight becomes easier to bear little bit more everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom