• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    Three Notch Vet in Hollywood. I know its a little far away but they have my business for life after the way the handled putting my buddy down last year. I cant recommend them highly enough.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Can't say I have had the same service there. I had gone to them ever since they opened. When my dog got very sick a year or so ago I was refused an office visit because it was 20 minutes before closing time! :mad54::tdown:
    I immediately went to the Animal Hospital near Gate#1 at PAX. They took her in and stayed 2 hours PAST closing being very concerned about the dog and not when they were going home. We were referred to the branch in Waldorf where she stayed for 3 days in critical care. Full recovery while at 3 notch probably would have lost my dog and friend. F'm. I moved her medical records and won't go back. I think the doctors don't know what a bunch of bitches their recptinists (spelling) are. Oh, did I mention F'M????:mad54:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I don't know what kind of service you need but we took one of our dogs to:

MID-ATLANTIC ANIMAL SPECIALTY HOSPITAL
    4135 Old Town Road, Suite B
    Huntingtown, MD 20639
    Ph: 410-414-8250 or 301-843-8290

twice for surgery. I couldn't pronounce the surgeons name and he looked more like a linebacker for the Ravens than a surgeon but I couldn't have been happier.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    ALL my critters ONLY go to All Kinds Vet in Callaway. AWESOME AWESOME service...cannot say enough about them. I've been to a few vets and my wife has had experience with almost all of them in the area and All Kinds is BY FAR the best in our opinion.

gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    Can't say I have had the same service there. I had gone to them ever since they opened. When my dog got very sick a year or so ago I was refused an office visit because it was 20 minutes before closing time! :mad54::tdown:
    I immediately went to the Animal Hospital near Gate#1 at PAX. They took her in and stayed 2 hours PAST closing being very concerned about the dog and not when they were going home. We were referred to the branch in Waldorf where she stayed for 3 days in critical care. Full recovery while at 3 notch probably would have lost my dog and friend. F'm. I moved her medical records and won't go back. I think the doctors don't know what a bunch of bitches their recptinists (spelling) are. Oh, did I mention F'M????:mad54:

I guess it depends on who you deal with.
    I have Rottweilers and they are the only vet we have found that will treat them like any other breed. Everyone else wants to muzzle them as soon as you walk in the door. My dogs dont need muzzles. I have 3 young kids at home and wouldnt have those kinds of dogs with them.
    When my old one got sick, they stayed late on a Sat. to put him to sleep. Didnt rush me in the process and didnt charge me a thing. Then we got a plaque in the mail a week later with his name and paw print.
    They earned my business.

gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    ALL my critters ONLY go to All Kinds Vet in Callaway. AWESOME AWESOME service...cannot say enough about them. I've been to a few vets and my wife has had experience with almost all of them in the area and All Kinds is BY FAR the best in our opinion.

Ive heard good things about them too

empty5853

Aug 22, 2007
    Mechanicsville
    I was hoping for something a little closer to Mechanicsville (small animal vet) but a good vet is where you find them and not always convient to where you live.

Thanks everybody for all the replies.

MT

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    There is a new place in or near Charlotte Hall. I think it is in the same small mall the Star 98.3 broadcasts from. It is on the right going south on Rt 5. Never been ther myself.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's

Yep! Not in the M-ville area, but knowing what I know, certainly worth the drive. The owners are my neighbors and very good people...and wonderful Vets. The entire staff is great and your pet will be well taken care of.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    We go to belair vet in bowie on hall road. They have treated our pets for years. One of the young vet doc is a hottie. (Blonde gal)

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    The Terrys are your neighbors? Thats awesome.

Yep, for the last 4 years. In our hood we don't really have "next door neighbors" because everyone has at least a couple of acres. They are actually across the street and two houses up, but close enough.

gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    I cant remember the name of it, but there is a Vet on the SOuth side of 5 across from McDonalds. We used to take our dog there when I was a kid. Can't remember all that much about it, but I know my Dad wouldnt put up with bad service.

empty5853

Aug 22, 2007
    Mechanicsville
    I think that's Tidewater Animal Hospital

I cant remember the name of it, but there is a Vet on the SOuth side of 5 across from McDonalds. We used to take our dog there when I was a kid. Can't remember all that much about it, but I know my Dad wouldnt put up with bad service.

May 13, 2005
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:I would recommend "At Home Animal Care". Vet is a veteran and does almost exclusively house calls. Prices are reasonable and she is great to work with, knows her stuff and cares.

She was my Rotties vet for his last 4 years. Couldn't have done it without her.

She is based in White Plains, but drove down to Lexington Park for me. She does the tri-county area and beyond.

http://www.athomeanimalcare.com/

empty5853

Aug 22, 2007
    Mechanicsville
    WOW!:eek: House calls for small pets. Thats good to know.

MT

:thumbsup::thumbsup:I would recommend "At Home Animal Care". Vet is a veteran and does almost exclusively house calls. Prices are reasonable and she is great to work with, knows her stuff and cares.

She was my Rotties vet for his last 4 years. Couldn't have done it without her.

She is based in White Plains, but drove down to Lexington Park for me. She does the tri-county area and beyond.

http://www.athomeanimalcare.com/

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Yep, for the last 4 years. In our hood we don't really have "next door neighbors" because everyone has at least a couple of acres. They are actually across the street and two houses up, but close enough.

I keep hearing awesome things about their Halloween parties....Adam MAKES all his decorations. ;)

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I keep hearing awesome things about their Halloween parties....Adam MAKES all his decorations. ;)

We "hear" good things about them too. Have been invited every year, but we are not costume wearing folks (mandatory for their parties) so we don't go. This years party was at the clinic because they are having their house remodeled, but yes, they do decorate A LOT. Good folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom