• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Is this as simple as just shortening the bbl ? I'm not up on my Uzi's , is the bbl easily removable ? Is there some reason this is not a relativly simple undertaking ?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The barrel is easily removed, and requires no tools. In fact, if you look at some of the old Uzi carrying cases, the barrel is carried separately from the rest of the gun.

I have a form 1 out on my Vector, and I'm planning on simply buying a new barrel for it.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Is this as simple as just shortening the bbl ? I'm not up on my Uzi's , is the bbl easily removable ? Is there some reason this is not a relativly simple undertaking ?

I don't know that much about Semi Uzis but on the FA barrel, its very easy to remove. I would think that would not change on the semi but I am sure there is some mod to keep FA shorter barrels from right in. However if you plan to pull the barrel, cut, recrown and reinstall... yes I think its that simple. Of course the PITA part is the Form 1 which I am assuming you know about.

Enfield303

Feb 12, 2011
    Harford County
    You can shorten and recrown the semi-auto barrel or you can use a full auto barrel, but you will have to reduce the diameter of the barrel at the breech by about 2mm so it will fit into the semi-auto barrel support. The barrel is easy to remove from either version. I built a semi-auto SBR on a form 1 about three years ago on an IMI receiver. The bonus is that it is also very accurate.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    There are many ways to achieve what you desire. Cutting your existing barrel down is an option or purchase a 10.5" semi auto profile barrel from Green Mountain or one of the usual Uzi parts guys. I actually purchased mine from Vector a couple years back.

As others have stated the barrel restrictor ring will keep you from installing an unmodified SMG barrel.

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/milita...nt-barrels/105-uzi-9mm-semi-auto-non-threaded

As for the actual swapping of barrels, it will take you less time to do it than it did to type the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom