VCDL _ Virginia Citizens' Defense League??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Welcome aboard! I've long said that VCDL was a trerrific model of how a pro gun rights group can be incredibly effective. Several VCDL members have come to Maryland to help us with various things and I've gone to a few rallies that VCDL has held over the years. Great group of people.

I can't believe this thread is even still on the server. :lol2: Wehn I posted this over three years ago there were only 10 or so members here.:sad20:

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    it seems like there are so few posts here that it stayed near the top.

We have a forum on our company's website and we dont have many posts either! :)

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Signed up at Chantilly, and got a decent nationwide CCW guide, haven't made it to any meetings though.

Most of my efforts are in MD, but I try to keep up on regional (PennMarVa)and national efforts too, and with my work schedule, I only get a few random days off, so by spreading out a little, I can make it to more events. I even get Brady newsletters to keep an eye on the enemy:D

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Looks like an old post, but I'm a member!

Think it is possible to spread the word about this board to other Virginians and other VCDL members? The more area gun owners work together in this area the better we can change public and political thought and make it more uniform across state lines.
    It is already pretty good in VA due to pro gun history, pro gun culture generally speaking, and the efforts of the VCDL. Now we need to change DC and MD. :)

Imagine how much it would help us all if the Washington Post kept having to report on positive events for the RKBA in DC, then MD, then VA again. Before long the millions in the DC area will be more in tune with gun rights and legal gun ownership.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Its easy to spread the word. I just stumbled upon this board while researching something.

And of course you guys are welcome to join us at our events, such as the shoot on 10/19. DelMarVa is kind of a long haul from VA unless one happens to be from the VA region of the Eastern Shore, but it is worth the drive. It is always good to make friends with the neighbors.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=9174

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I'm a member of the http://www.pafoa.org/forum/
    a Pennsylvanian Group. Anyone else?

Charlie moved to Red Lion, Pa. a couple years back. He still Posts over on the http://www.baltimoresun.com Boards.

I'm Alucard0822 over there also, don't post much, usually just get my PA RKBA news from their newsletters, if he lives in Red Lion, he is probably less than 5 minutes away twards civilization:D

I'll ask around at the next Windsor F&G meeting, and if by some chance anyone knows him, and can tell him to drop in and say hi.

Cliff

Jul 2, 2005
    Northern Virginia
    Spot,
    My apoligies man. I cruise Maryland Shooters once or twice a week, but am just now seeing this thread.
    Being that I'm a resident of Virginia now, I signed up with VCDL even before I moved. Great group of men & woman here. I'm proud to be a member. It took exactly 28 days for my CCP to arrive in the mail from the time I submitted my paperwork at the Prince William Courthouse.Unless I'm coming into the district or Maryland, I strap my firearm on in the morning right after my underwear & pants,and don't take it off, till nighttime just like GOD intended a man or woman to do.:D

Gonna miss being with you guys in Annapolis, but I've already informed the president of VCDL, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help the cause in Virginia. And you never know. If I'm availible, I can still show up to help out in Maryland looking pissed off as usual. Remember?

Cliff

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Hey Cliff, good to hear from you!

Your experiences here in Maryland will serve the VCDL well. Anytime you think they're taking gun freedoms for granted, just remind them of all the crap you went through up here.

Although quite frustrating at the time, I cherish the memories of the 2004 legislative session when the AWB was looking seriously like it might pass. That was the first year I went to anything like that in Annapolis and I didn't know anybody except you.....and that was from one of the THR get togethers that we used to have (which have now been totally eclipsed by the MdShooters events with nearly 100 people at every event!) I remember getting excited as I learned the legislative process and which legislators believed as we did. Good times.

Congrats on the move, and even though you're an official southerner now, check in here from time to time. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom