• Status
    Not open for further replies.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The RNC seems to basically have ignored Ken. I don't' know if it's because of the baggage or the oral sex issues or what.

g_mars

Mar 22, 2013
    I can't like this post enough.

People get miffed about #1 and say "Oh, so Republicans need to act more like Democrats in order to win?" and sneer off and go high-five each other like that's some kind of world-ending point. But it's not. #1 means that Republicans need to get back to being the party of freedom and individual responsibility, and leave the nanny-state "It's good for you" bull to the Dems. Believe what you want to believe, but freedom means that people have the right to disagree with what you believe is best for them, and that they have the final call on that, not you. And we already have a party that believes that central economic/social planners in DC/Annapolis/Richmond knows what's best.

I can't like THIS post enough... Well said.

I also absolutely agree with gprimr1's post, I'm just not smart enough to multi-quote apparently. (*edit: I just figured it out. But won't waste the space double posting & deleting.)

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Suddenly we have a horse race in VA.

It is all going to come down to which side gets out the vote.

It is an off-year election, where turnout will be light. The side that has the enthusiasm will win.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    My question is if Mcauliffe is bringing in Clinton and Obama, where is the big names for Ken? No Rubio, no Christie (RINO or not), no Perry, not even a Romney or Paul (Ron or Ryan). Where is the Republican big guns if they want to hold the State?

Who is Ryan Paul? Did you mean Rand?

Seth

Sep 17, 2013
    Yes. The primary difference between MD and VA in terms of politics is that VA has a much larger rural area/population to slow the advance of the urban Democrats.

And the majority of the conservatives who work in the DC area choose to live in NOVA.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Be fair and post there follow-up as well. http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/362747/sarvis-im-actually-very-libertarian-charles-c-w-cooke

When it comes to guns Sarvis is better than Cuccinelli. Practically Cuccinelli is a better option in the short run but I hate the precedent it sets.

Cuccinelli comes with the VCDL's endorsement which is hard to ignore. They seem very confident in their decision.

The reality is Sarvis IS pulling enough votes from Cuccinelli to sink his ship. I sincerely hope any and all Sarvis supporters decide to flip for Cucch.

In other VA election news, I received a postcard from the NRA endorsing Mark Obenshain for AG, which seemed like an obvious choice for me anyway.

*takes a deep breath* I hope next Tuesday will bring us a present surprise. It's up to Virginians to drag their asses to the polls and beat McAuliffe's ass like a rented mule.

Si vis pacem, para bellvm.

Seth

Sep 17, 2013
    Cuccinelli comes with the VCDL's endorsement which is hard to ignore. They seem very confident in their decision.

The reality is Sarvis IS pulling enough votes from Cuccinelli to sink his ship. I sincerely hope any and all Sarvis supporters decide to flip for Cucch.

In other VA election news, I received a postcard from the NRA endorsing Mark Obenshain for AG, which seemed like an obvious choice for me anyway.

*takes a deep breath* I hope next Tuesday will bring us a present surprise. It's up to Virginians to drag their asses to the polls and beat McAuliffe's ass like a rented mule.

Si vis pacem, para bellvm.

From the article linked a few posts above that was written today:

A Quinnipiac poll from yesterday shows that Sarvis is actually “taking” slightly more of the vote from Democrat Terry McAuliffe (47 percent) than from Cuccinelli (45 percent). This shouldn’t be surprising. Effectively, Sarvis is running as a slightly more economically responsible moderate than is Terry McAuliffe

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I usually laugh when I see people from Virginia, PA ragging on Maryland residents, and other various strict gun law states as if it wont ever happen to them.

Once the overflow spills out into more rural areas, with the "redistricting" nonsense. It's really just a longer fuse, the bigger states rural strong population holds the gate closed for now.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Hey Virginia, I'm looking to you as a potential civil rights lifeline in the next few years, and hope you'll save the union.

Virginia, home of Washington, Jefferson, Blair, Madison, Mason, to name a few. Virginia is the historical heart and soul of the US. Please, please bring out your brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, mothers, fathers, inlaws, and all their relatives and their relatives' friends, absolutely everybody you know, to the polls to vote for Cuccinelli.

That b*tard McAuliffe's autobiography, which he narrated on tape, BRAGGED about and made light of abusing his wife and newborn, in a misplaced attempt to feather his political nest and show what a loyal democrat operative he is. Instead, it just showed what a cold, calculating political opportunistic a-hole he is. Like his contemporaries -- Clinton (both), Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, Durbin, Feinstein, Boxer, and the rest.

Please elect Cucinelli, not McAuliffe. For the children.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom